Issue with ASPOSE JAVA API

Hi Team,

Please use the Google drive link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0yHwbSDTF1yR2RMaHp4Q21EY0k to download the zip file which contains ear and logs. I have used the same above code and all the Jar files which our application is using currently.
Please test this ear and let us know about this issue.

Thanks,
Suraj D Vithalkar

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for sharing the details. I am working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your patience. I am facing some issues while deploying your shared EAR at WebSphere. I will work over your issue on coming weekend and will update you asap. We have published new release of Aspose.Words for Java. Can you please try this new version and share your findings? Please download new version of Aspose.Words for Java from here:

https://downloads.aspose.com/words/java

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your patience. We have logged a new task as WORDSNET-7446 in our issue tracking system to investigate this issue. This is a unique scenario and we need some more time to investigate/reproduce this issue at our end. We will update you via this forum thread about our findings.

We really appreciate your patience.

Hi Aspose Team,

W used the latest Aspose words jar but still we faced the same issue we faced earlier.
JAR :: Aspose.Words.jdk14.jar – the used JAR version

PFA the lincese details for the above mentioned jar.

It fails for the all the documents that contain images. The following exception is thrown.

Caused by:

java.lang.VerifyError: javax/imageio/metadata/IIOMetadata.getAsTree(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;
at asposewobfuscated.?IG.?Z(Unknown Source)
at asposewobfuscated.?IH.?v(Unknown Source)
at asposewobfuscated.?IH.?W(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?GD.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?GD.?Y(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?GD.?7O(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?GD.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?CL.?Y(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?CP.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?CP.visitShapeStart(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Shape.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.CompositeNode.acceptCore(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Shape.accept(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.CompositeNode.acceptChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Paragraph.accept(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.CompositeNode.acceptChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.HeaderFooter.accept(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?JN.?u(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?JN.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?JN.?W(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?JN.?Y(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?JN.writeBody(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?JN.?jJ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?JN.?ag(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.?II.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.?Z(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.save(Unknown Source)

Please look into this ASAP and help us resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Manish Gupta

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, the task WORDSNET-7446 has not been completed yet. We are facing some issues while setting up Web Sphere 6.1 at Linux Operating System. We will work over your scenario soon. We will update you via this forum thread about our findings.

Hi Aspose Team,

Can you please update us on this. We are facing issues in production because of this.

Kindly help us to resolve this ASAP.

Regards,
Manish Gupta

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your patience. We were facing some issues while setting up Web Sphere 6.1 at Linux Operating System. I have installed the Web Sphere 7.0 at Linux (Red Hat) Operating System. I will deploy your EAR file at Web Sphere and test the scenario.

I will investigate the issue and provide you more information asap.

Hi Aspose Team,

Thanks. Please let us know on this ASAP.

Regards,
Suraj D Vithalkar

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your patience.

I have deployed the shared EAR file at Web Sphere 7.0 and I am unable to execute the application. Please see the attached images for detail.

Moreover, I have noticed that your EAR file contain many other jar files which do not need for this test scenario. Could you please share new EAR which only contain the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java? Please include only Aspose.Words jar file for this test scenario in EAR file.

I will really appreciate your cooperation for this.

Hi Tahir,

Requesting your kind attention to this as we will need
to upgrade the ASPOSE library at the earliest .please let us know if you
were able to have the EAr running. Also wanted to know that if there
could be a joint troubleshooting session which will be easier and save
lot of turnaround time for both the teams.
Looking for your co-orpeation here in order to successfully accomplish the upgrade.

Thanks & Regards,
Arpita Bhattacharya
IT PM - ICN

Hi Arpita,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunatly, I am unable to execute your EAR file. Please check my reply from here.

You are facing exception while converting Docx to HTML at Web Sphere 6.

surajdv:

Note : This error occurs when it is deployed to our development environment and is not reproducible in our local.

I have noticed that your EAR file contain many other jar files which do not need for this test scenario. Could you please test your scenario by creating new EAR file which contains only Aspose.Words jar file and share your finding with us. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java.

If the problem still remains, please share what steps you need us to follow to reproduce this issue at our end.

I will really appreciate your cooperation for this.

Hi Tahir,

Since our application needs all those jars, we cannot remove them and create an ear. We are already using the new ASPOSE word jar. Since this issue occurs in WAS 6 environment, the ear which we have shared needs to be used in WAS6. Please try to setup that ear in WAS 6 environment.

We have already committed to the business on this and this needs to be resolved ASAP.

Hi Arpita,

Thanks for your feedback. I was facing issue while setting up Web Sphere 6. However, I will try to setup Web Sphere 6 at my end and will share my finding with you soon.

It would be great if you please remove other jar files from EAR file and test it at your end. Please let us know if you do not face any exception. It might be possible that this exception is due to Jar conflicts (Aspose.Words jar file do not work with some specific jar file).

Hello Aspose team,

This is a long pending issue. We have already shared the ear long back sometime around Nov 29th, 2012, but still this is pending. Please setup WAS 6 and kindly let us know on this issue ASAP. Since our application need all those jars we cannot remove them and test it.

Thanks,

Suraj D Vithalkar

Hi Suraj,

Please check my reply at following link.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/49791

I am unable to execute your EAR file. Can you please check this issue? Will this issue be at Web Sphere 6? Please share your comments. I will try to setup Web Sphere 6 at my end and will share my finding with you soon.

Hi Suraj,

I have setup the Web Sphere 6.1 at my end and have deployed your EAR file at Web Sphere 6.1 shared at this link. I have faced the same issue which I shared at following link (same issue with web sphere 7):

https://forum.aspose.com/t/49791

Please check your EAR file at your end. Could you please share any necessary steps which you need me to follow to execute your EAR file?

Hi Aspose team,

As per Adam Skelton, the VerifyError exception can occur if the runtime environment is using a different (older) JVM version to the compile environment. So can you please let us know the name and versions of the jar used to compile new ASPOSE jar?

Thanks,
Suraj D Vithalkar

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please download the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 13.3.0 from following link and use the Aspose.Words.jdk14.jar file.

https://downloads.aspose.com/words/java

Hi Suraj,

Just a clarification, the suggestion was to test compile your EAR file in the same environment as found on your deployment server. As you stated that your code completes successfully on your test server but not your deployment server, the difference might be the older JDK running on the server. Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,