Issue with ASPOSE JAVA API

Hi Aspose team,

Can you please let us know the name and versions of the jar used to compile your new ASPOSE words jar ?

Hi Team,

We did some analysis at our end. As per my undrestanding this error ‘java.lang.VerifyErrorjava.lang.VerifyError’ could occur if there is a difference between the runtime enviorment jars and compile time jars. Could you please provide us the list jars and jdk version which are used to compile the latest ASPOSE jar.

We will try to compare this with the JDK version and jars on our runtime enviorment. Is it feasible for you to compile the latest ASPOSE code with JAVA 1.5.0 and provide us that jar as our runtime enviorments uses java version 1.5.0.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ashihs

Hi Ashihs,

Thanks for your inquiry. The Aspose.Words.Java.zip file contains three jar files as follow:

1. Aspose.Words.jdk14.jar
  2. Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar
  3. Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar

You can use Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar for your JDK 1.5. Please download the latest version of Aspose.Words 13.4.0 from following link and let us know if you have any more queries.
https://downloads.aspose.com/words/java

Hi Tahir,

We tried with both jdk14.jar and jdk15.jar but still the issue is there. Could you please provide us the list of jars used to compile this as I am suspecting it can be a jar conflict issue in our JVMs.

Regards,
Ashish

Hi Ashihs,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET.

I noticed that there are many Jar files included in your EAR file shared at this link. The jar conflict issue may be with Aspose.Words Jar and Jar files from EAR file.

Hi Ashish,

Aspose.Words jar is compiled under Oracle JDK. All external libraries are obfuscated into the jar (to exclude jar hell). So it depends only on core java.

As I can see from your stack trace, javax.imageio.metadata.IIOMetadata causes the exception. Probably IBM JRE has slightly different IIOMetadata class. Or maybe you have several slightly different IIOMetadata classes in your class path. Maybe the thing is in org.w3c.dom.Node – this class presents in many libraries:).

Please, shutdown, wipe out your class patches and start your production server again. Some sources state that change classloading policy of WAS from PARENT_LAST to PARENT_FIRST can resolve the issue. Please try this too.

Regards,

Hi Aspose Team,

I am from ICN dev team. We have found the jar conflict and its conflicting with xml-apis-1.3.03.jar.

Can you please help us out here as to how we can resolve the jar conflict.

Regards,
Manish Gupta

Hi,

We use a shared enviorment for our applications so it will not be feasible for use to change classloading policy.

Though we are able to find the conflicting jar(xml-apis.jar), but we cannot take out this jar from our classpath as it is impacting other functionalites. Can you please share your thoughts here, is there any specific version on xml-apis.jar that we can use we are using 1.3.0 version as of now and i tried with some other versions but had no luck.

Thanks,

Ashish

Hi Manish, Ashish,

Welcome to the Xerces hell:) Please, look at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11677572/dealing-with-xerces-hell-in-java-maven - may be this helps you to resolve the conflict.

You are not the first customer with this conflict. Some times ago we desided to obfuscate our external xml libraries into Aspose.Words jar to exclude the jar hell.

Regards,

Hi Aspose Team,

PFA file containing xml-apis-1.3.03.jar and xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar.

Can you please place these jars in class path above Jre jars and then compile Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar and provide that jar to us. Kindly provide us the jar ASAP.

Regards,
Manish Gupta

Hi,

We are using jaxb APIs in our implemantation so we cannot avoid using xml-apis.jar…Can you please add these jars provided by Manish in your calss path before JRE jars(rt.jar) and recompile ASPOSE words. jar with java 1.5. I think that should resolve the issue we are facing.

Regards,

Ashihs

Hi Manish, Ashish,

We rarely provide custom jars and only for test purposes. The custom jar should not be used in production environment because it didn’t pass all build and test steps.

Xerces hell is unpleasant thing but it can be (and should be) resolved on deployment stage.

Regards,

Hi,

We have tried almost everything we can, as i mention we cannot avoid using xml-apis.jar as we are using Jaxb apis. Also modifying class loader policies or server libraries is not feasible for us as we use a shared enviorment and will not be allowed as cisco policy. Only option now we have to use this custom jar compiled with these two jar. If you can provide that we can try with that and meanwhile look for a long term solution.

Thanks,

Ashish

Hi Aspose Team,

Can you please provide us with the requested customized jar. Please take this on priority as this is creating problems in production environment and we need to fix this on priority basis.

Regards,
Manish Gupta

Hi Manish,

Please accept my apologies for late response.

Thanks for your inquiry. I am in communication with the development team and will update you as soon as I have information about your query.

Hi Tahir,

WIll really appreciate if you could also please share the ETA for this jar.

Thanks,
Arpita

Hi Manish, Arpita

Thanks for your patience. I have logged a task ‘customized Aspose.Words JAR for Xerces hell’ as WORDSJAVA-728 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will analyze the detail of customized jar for Xerces hell and we will update you via this forum thread once there is any update on this issue.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Aspose Team,

Can you please share updates on the new customized zar.

Regards,
Manish Gupta

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, this issue (new customized jar for Xerces hell) is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Tahir,

We are awaiting the outcome of the analysis. Please do not drop this request from your teams radar.
Please share the findings so far if possible.

Thanks,
Arpita