Issue with BmpDevice

Dear support,

I’m trying to convert some pdf file to image using a BmpDevice object (taking inspiration from here: https://docs.aspose.com/pdf/net/convert-pdf-to-bmp/).

The problem is that on some files there is a strange colored rectangle that is not correctly rendered in the result image (it’s black, while it should be colored).

Other items (for example a colored text) are correctly rendered, even if they lie above the rectangle.

I also tried to parse the content of the file (using what I found here: Parse PDF documents|Aspose.PDF for .NET), but I found no evidences of the presence of the rectangle (there is no text with background color set, or something like this).

You can find attached an example of source file (with a green rectangle), and the bmp image I get as result (converted in jpg because bmp items are not allowed as attachments).

Could you help me with this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance,

Francesco

Sample.pdf (64.2 KB)
Page1.jpg (58.4 KB)

@francesco.rusticali

I have been able to reproduce the issue with rectangle color on our end. A ticket with ID PDFNET-50499 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate the issue on our end. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Thank you Mudassir.

Instead, is there a way to access the rectangle’s information (for example its position and dimensions), and maybe modify it?
I had a look here: Working with Graphs in PDF file|Aspose.PDF for .NET, but this seems not to work in this case.

Thank you,
Francesco

@francesco.rusticali

You can not find a specific rectangle and its information from a PDF page.

@mudassir.fayyaz

Thank you.
Is there any news about the resolution of the problem?

@francesco.rusticali

Please note that it was recently logged in free support model and will be investigated and resolved on a first come first serve basis. We will surely inform you as soon as we make some definite progress towards its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

@mudassir.fayyaz Any news about the implementation?

@francesco.rusticali

We are afraid that the earlier logged ticket has not been yet resolved due to other pending issues in the queue. Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely inform you once we make some progress towards its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.