Issue with bullet point when creating reply to email

We are using Aspose to create replies to messages held on a server. Basically a new msg file is generated on the server by copying the original and modifying it. The client downloads it through a web interface, and it then opens in Outlook as a “reply” email. We have an issue where a bullet point is not being rendered correctly in the created msg file. In an earlier version of Aspose.Email it was being converted to “%#61623”. In the latest version it is just being converted to a question mark.

I have cut down the code to only the necessary to replicate the error. The original msg file in question is attached. Here is the code:

MailMessage existingMailMessage = new MailMessage();
using (Stream msgStream = File.OpenRead(@“G:\201408081645076193892.msg”))
{
existingMailMessage = MailMessage.Load(msgStream, MessageFormat.Msg);
}
// create MapiMessage
MapiMessage mapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(existingMailMessage);

// set draft status
mapiMessage.SetMessageFlags(MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_UNSENT);

mapiMessage.Save(@“G:\testemail.msg”);

Open the created testemail.msg file in Outlook. The bullet point has changed to a question mark.

How can we resolve this issue?

Thanks, Steve
Hi Steve,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 4.4.0 and have logged it as NETWORKNET-34457 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. Once there is any information available in this regard, I'll update you here via this thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34457) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.