Issue with Cells.DeleteColumn

Hi Aspose Support Team,

I am currently using Aspose.Cell.dll version 4.7.1.24 to format excel files. One of the formatting requires deletion of a specific column (example Column M). However I am unable to achieve this and while opening the formatted file it is giving the error: Error found unreadable content in ‘Book1_formatted_4.8.0.0.xls’. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? if you trust the source of workbook, click Yes

Clicking Yes, opens the file but again following message is displayed: Excel was unable to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content (please refer the screen shot DeleteColumn_Issue.jpg attached herewith).

I downloaded the latest version 4.8.0.0 of the Aspose.Cells.dll. however it does not solve the issue.

Earlier I was using the version 4.7.1.0 of Aspose.Cells.dll, I tried with it and seems that formatting is happening properly with version 4.7.1.0 and there are no errors encountered.

Code used:

WorkBook.Open(@"C:\Book1.xlsx", FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsx);

foreach (Worksheet ws in WorkBook.Worksheets)

{

switch (ws.Index)

{

case 0:

{

ws.Cells.DeleteColumn(12); //Delete Column M

break;

}

}

}

WorkBook.Save(@"C:\Book1_Formatted_4.8.0.0.xlsx", Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsx);

Also the formatted files for each version are attached herewith. Requesting you to please provide you feedback on the above mentioned issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Bhatt

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Aspose Support Team,

Thanks for the feedback.

This is a high priority issue for us as our production deployment is delayed because of this. Hence Requesting you to please look into this ASAP.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Abhishek Bhatt

Hi,

We are working on your issue, hopefully we can provide you the fixed version in 1-2 days or so.

Thank you.

Hi,
Please try the attached version. We have fixed the issue of deleting columns.
Thank you.

Hi Aspose Support Team,

Thanks for the feedback, I was able to resolve the resolve with new version.

Regards,

Abhishek Bhatt

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10319) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.