Issue with converted TIFF files

Hi,

I am using apose-pdf-9.7.1 jar to convert pdf files to TIFF format.

I have attached a sample file which has 5 pages (original and converted TIFF).

If i open the converted file in “IrfanView”, it shows as if there are 6 pages and last page is blank.

The users say 4 byte offset is not 00 00. Instead it has a different number, which makes the number of pages incorrect.

Please see the description below grabbed from https://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/tiff/TIFF6.pdf

An Image File Directory (IFD) consists of a 2-byte count of the number of directory
entries (i.e., the number of fields), followed by a sequence of 12-byte field
entries, followed by a 4-byte offset of the next IFD (or 0 if none). (Do not forget to
write the 4 bytes of 0 after the last IFD.)

Please take a look. This is very important

Hi Tashani,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have noticed the number of pages issue of Aspose.Pdf for Java generated multipage TIFF in IrfanView image viewer. So logged a ticket PDFNEWJAVA-34717 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will update you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Thanks!

This feature is very important to us.

Will you be able to let us know a time frame when this fix will be available?

Or if you could provide us with a hot fix?

Thank You.

Hi Tashani,

As we recently have noticed this issue, so it pending for review. Also please note that the development team requires little time to investigate and figure out the actual reasons of this problem. As soon as we have some further updates, we will update you within this forum thread.

Please be patient and spare us little time.

This happens for all compression types (LZW, None, CCITT3, CCITT4)

Hi Tashani,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

The information has been associated with earlier reported issue and development team will definitely consider these points during the resolution of this problem. Please be patient and spare us little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-34717) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.