Issue with docx to pdf conversion in linux container

We are evaluating Aspose.Words (v18.5.0). We are using .NET Core 2.0 docker image.

We are trying to convert .docx file into .pdf using Aspose.Words.dll using v18.3.0 as well as v18.5.0. We faced following issue related with SkiaSharp.dll on Linux environment. On windows envt, .docx to .pdf conversion worked fine.

Issue Details:

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
  at System.Threading.Monitor.ReliableEnter(Object obj, Boolean& lockTaken)
  at SkiaSharp.SKObject.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
  at SkiaSharp.SKPath.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
  at SkiaSharp.SKNativeObject.Finalize()

After investigating on this issue, found that this issue is with SkiaSharp.dll. Please refer following link,

https://github.com/mono/skiasharp/issues/482

As per our understanding, above mentioned issue has been resolved in SkiaSharp.dll v1.60.1 but latest version (i.e. 18.5.0) of Aspose.Words.dll still refers to (SkiaSharp.dll v1.59.1).

When I added package reference of SkiaSharp.dll v1.60.1 into my project then PDF Generation works as expected on Linux as well.

Please let us know that above findings are correct. If yes, are you planning to include this fix into latest version of Aspose.Words.dll?

@vikramgs,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. Please also share the steps that you are using to reproduce this issue.

We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

@tahir.manzoor
Sorry for delay, was busy in other priorities.

Attached sample application, zip file contains code and sample docx file. Please refer ReadMe.txt to run the application.

Please let me know additional information needed.

Trying to attach file but does not getting uploaded. Please let me know how to attach or any other way to share the code. Zip size is of 14mb.

SampleDoc1.zip (97.1 KB)
Sample file is attached, but not able to upload the source.

@vikramgs,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please ZIP your project (including the input document), upload to some file hosting service e.g. Dropbox and share the download link here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Please download from following location
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u5osdu5f1gfthywrsvu85pfrtgcosp7u/view

@vikramgs,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario at Ubuntu and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-16954. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16954) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.7 update.