Issue with GridDesktop/GridWeb while applying group rows to hidden rows

Hi,

after I try loading a worksheet ,the page hangs and can’t edit the cell value in the page anymore.
can any one help us for this issue.
the file is here ctest.zip (8.5 KB)

Thanks,

@dantedom4j,

Thanks for the template file.

Do you use Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop or Aspose.Cells.GridWeb? Please provide us complete details with sample code (runnable) here, so we could evaluate your issue precisely on our end.

Thank you.

hi ,
Seems both GridWeb and GridDesktop have issues.
I use GridWeb the code is like this: ,

private void Page_Load(object Sender, EventArgs e)
    {       
        if (!Page.IsPostBack&&!gridwebtest1.IsPostBack)
        {					
            gridweb1.ImportExcelFile(@"C:\ctest.xlsx");
            gridweb1.ActiveSheetIndex = 0;
            gridweb1.WorkSheets[0].GroupRows(1, 2,false);
		}
	}

the grid cells become uneditable.
further more I try GridDesktop I just use gridDesktop1.ImportExcelFile,
It did not work well as you will see that the rows those in hidden status are still visible

@dantedom4j,

1. I could not find any issue with Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v17.7 (latest version - please try it with its resource files (acw_client)). See the screenshot for your reference:
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    If you still find any issue, kindly do create a sample project (runnable) with v17.7.x and zip it and post us here, we will check it soon.

2. I found the issue when importing the file into Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop. I noticed some hidden rows are wrongly displayed in GridDesktop, e.g first three rows which are displayed for example.
    I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45523” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

hi thanks ,
please check my project hereGridweb.loadtest.zip (431.1 KB)

@dantedom4j,

Thanks for the sample project with template file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample project with your template file. I found that by applying group rows to hidden rows (in frozen pane) causes the GridWeb uneditable or locked. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45527” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi, @Amjad_Sahi,
One more thing,I can not expand/collapse the group rows .
When I click the expand/collapse button,it doesnot work well.seems Gridweb can not handle group rows .
Does this a supported feature?
below is the code I use in the project

// gridweb1.WorkSheets[0].GroupRows(1, 2, false);
               //test 2,does not take affect
              gridweb1.WorkSheets[0].GroupRows(17, 18, true);

@dantedom4j,

Thanks for sharing further details.

Yes, I confirmed this issue as well. I have logged it against your issue “CELLSNET-45527” into our database. It looks like Group rows/columns feature is not working fine especially for the worksheet having frozen panes.

We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

@dantedom4j

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issues (i.e. CELLSNET-45523 and CELLSNET-45527) now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@dantedom4j

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix for the issues and let us know your feedback.
Issue ID: CELLSNET-45523
Issue ID: CELLSNET-45527

hi ,I 've tried the fix,
the test1 is ok.
gridweb1.WorkSheets[0].GroupRows(1, 2, false);
the page works and I can edit all the cell value.
but the test2 case still fails,

as I can not expand or collapse the group rows.

@dantedom4j,

I used the following code with latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v17.7.4 with latest resource files (acw_client), it works fine:
Step 1:
The page is diplayed fine with those grouped rows:

Step 2:
After clicking on the “+” button, the contents are expanded and I can see the icon is changed to “-”. I can click on “-” button to set to back to original display.

e.g
Sample code:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            String p = Server.MapPath("~")+"/ctest.xlsx";
            if (!Page.IsPostBack && !gridweb1.IsPostBack)
            {
                gridweb1.ImportExcelFile(p);
                gridweb1.ActiveSheetIndex = 0;
               // test 1
              //gridweb1.WorkSheets[0].GroupRows(1, 2, false);              
              //test 2,does not take affect
              gridweb1.WorkSheets[0].GroupRows(17, 18, true);

}

} 

Thank you.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi
Please check the second screenshot,
while expand the group,it shall display row 18 and row 19.

@dantedom4j,

Thanks for providing us further details.

Yes, I can still see the issue as you mentioned. After clicking on the “+” button, the contents are expanded and I can see the icon is changed to “-”. But it does not show 18 and 19 rows (see the row headers on left). I have reopened your issue “CELLSNET-45527” again. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

@dantedom4j

Please download and try the latest fix and let us know your feedback. It fixes the issue CELLSNET-45527.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45527;CELLSNET-45523) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version).