We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Issue with include files

Hi everyone

I am currently evaluating Aspose.Cells for C++ for usage in my company.
I am having issues with the include files, specifically the unicode include files.

Firstly, I assumed it is enough to include the “…/include” folder shipped with Aspose.Cells. But when building my solution, it came up with an error message saying:
unicode/uloc.h: No such file or directory

I then tried to also include “…/include/icu/include”, which removed the above error message, but unfortunately seems to be conflicting with other aspects of the project, resulting in roughly 1,000 errors like “Undeclared identifier ‘HRESULT’”…

Any advice on how to include those headers correctly?

@tpo,
You may download the latest version of our product which also contains a demo project. I have performed the following steps to run this project:

  • Open the project in Visual Studio 2019 Preview
  • Change the settings as shown in images here:
    Settings01.PNG (9.8 KB)
    Settings02.PNG (20.1 KB)

After these settings, this project runs fine and output is shown in the console. You may please give it a try and share the feedback.

Here is my running project after the above-mentioned settings:

Thank you for your swift response.

I have been using the latest release, but we are bound to use Visual Studio 2015 due to limitations by the project framework.

I tried your proposed solution after installing Windows SDK 10.x, but to no effect. The errors remain.

The problem seems to be that we are not using a standard Visual Studio C++ project, but a project specific generated, platform independent VS project which obviously is messing up some Windows related stuff.

@tpo,
Please share a complete sample project which works fine before including the required header files and then steps to produce issue in that project. We will analyze the project and share our feedback.