Issue with Japanese characters when converting Word to PDF

Hi,

I have a program that converts word documents (uploaded to a database by external users) to PDF. Some of these documents are in Japanese. When they get converted to PDF, some of them convert with no issue - since they contain strictly English and Japanese characters. However, some documents, especially those that contain images with Japanese characters dont convert correctly. I've attached two documents (a .doc - which is the document uploaded by a user, and the converted pdf file).

Currently our program retrieves the document data from the database, converts it and then stores it back:

destStream = new MemoryStream();

docContent = new MemoryStream((byte[])dataRow["content"]);

doc = new Document(docContent);

Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions pso = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();

pso.UseCoreFonts = true;

doc.Save(destStream, pso);

destStream.Position = 0;

this.savePDFData(document_id, destStream.ToArray());

Its primarily the images with japanese characters in them that aren't converting correctly.

Hi Mercer,

Thanks for your inquiry. With Aspose.Words 13.6.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. Please see the attached document (out.pdf) that is generated on my side. So, in case you’re using an older version, I would suggest you to please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words.

Best regards,