Issue with performance in version 7.7.1.0

Hello,

Our application uses Aspose.Cells for creating reports based on report template.

We noticed that the performance in the latest version (7.7.1.0) are significantly slower than previous version(7.3.4.0) that our engine used in the past.

It took over than 4 minutes to generate a report. (In previous version it tooks only 3 minutes)

This is a major issue for us!

Please let us know if you have an option to analyze and verify what cause the issue as soon as possible

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for providing some details.

Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.7.2.2 if it makes any difference.

If you still find the issue, kindly provide two simple sample projects, i.e., one with v7.7.2.x and other with with 7.3.4 (you may zip the projects in an archives), we need to evaluate the performance issue on our end and may log a ticket for it to consequently figure it out soon. Also provide us the template files if you have any.

Thank you.

We tried your latest version v7.7.2.2 and got the same results.

We cannot send our code nor a project file as it is private data of our customers… please find other way to get the relevant information and fix the problem ASAP.

Thanks,

Hi,

Well, you may use some dummy data in a simple sample project for your doubts. I am afraid, unless we have your template Excel file and project (runnable), we cannot evaluate your issue properly, so kindly do the needful and attach the sample application here, we will check your issue soon.

PS, you may also click “Keep this post private” check box when you reply to this post, now only you and Aspose staff members would be able to see or download your attachments, no other users can do this. Our hundreds of users do post their confidential data and sample codes to us and we always take care of it.

Thank you.

Hello,
I am sending the project that use Aspose.cells
The main function is :

Public Shared Function GenerateReportDotNet(ByVal XML As String, ByVal templatePath As String, ByVal guiMode As Short, ByVal path As String, ByVal parentLeft As Integer, ByVal parentTop As Integer, ByVal tempDirPath As String, ByVal outputFormat As String, ByVal optionalTempaltesList As String, ByVal bIncludePivot As Integer, ByVal bOpenIt As Integer, ByVal bCustomizeReport As Integer, ByRef retVal As Short) As Short

I can not send to you the input parameters because it is a private content of our customers.
Please find other way to get the relevant information and fix the problem.
This is critical and major issue for us.
Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for providing some details and code segments / parts.

I did evaluate your provided code segments. I am not entirely sure about your provided codes as there are some missing APIs and namespaces definitions (that you are referring to), objects, pointers and parameters for some routines etc., We need to look into it in details. Anyways, I have logged an investigation ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42442” for your issue. We will try to investigate your issue thoroughly if we could trace any issue. Moreover, we request you to kindly provide us your template Excel file(s) and generated Excel files (by both versions i.e…, v7.3.4 and v7.7.2.x), it will help us to find the issue accurately.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

he he,you are lucky. In my project, and it tooks 15 minutes to save a report excel, but tooks 1 minute before. I used the version 7.7.2.0.

Hi Lu Shoubei,

Could you create a sample console application, zip it and post us here with the template files if you have any, we will check your issue soon.

Also, you may create a new thread in Aspose.Cells forums to manage your issue properly.

Thank you.

Hello,

This issue is critical for our customers.

I added an attachment of Excel reports (version 7.7.1.0 and 7.3.4.0)

Please update us ASAP.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files that are generated by different versions of Aspose.Cells for .NET.

I have logged them to attach against your issue “CELLSNET-42442” into our database. Our concerned developer will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.7.2.5

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.