Issue with PPT file - Some unwanted bullets are appearing on PPT slide

Hello Team,

I am facing some issue with PPT file.
I upload a normal PPT file (please refer to the attachment) to my site and when I download it back via Aspose.Slides, it shows some unwanted bullets which were not there in the original file.
I have attached the file for your reference.
Please provide me the solution as soon as possible.

Aspose.Slides version : 15.4.0.0

Thanks
Binod Paikaray

Hi Binod Paikaray,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the presentation file shared by you and request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.5.0 on your end first. If there is still an issue then please share the used sample code, generated output and snapshot displaying the issue. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your quick response.

But may I know, why is this happening with this PPT only? I mean we never faced this issue earlier but in this PPT file, is anything different which Aspose.Slides (15.4.0.0) is not able to handle and treating it as bullets?
And the output PPT file is also attached for your reference. You can see the actual difference.

In the actual file, the text “NAME OF DEPARTMENT” is enclosed inside a text area and other text area (with text “EXECUTIVE SUMMARY”) is also enclosed inside the above text area.
Could this be the reason that the inner text area inside the outer text area is treated as sub-part of it and hence it’s being shown with bullets? But again what could be the reason for text “DATE”?

I am confused. If you could provide some solution in the Aspose.Slides (15.4.0.0.) only, that would be appreciated. Because, we recently had upgraded to this version before 2 months and had faced lot of code changes. Again upgrading the version may need many hours if you have again done some changes for code.
So, I request you to provide some solution in version 15.4.0.0 only if possible.

Thanks
Binod Paikaray

Hi Binod Paikaray,

Thank you for sharing the additional details. I have been able to observe the issue of bullets appearing with text in generated presentation. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-36589 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hello Team,

Any update on this? Please let me know.

Thanks
Binod Paikaray

Hi Binod Paikaray,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system and like to share that issue has been added just recently. Our product team will schedule and investigate the issue on its due turn. At present it is pending for investigation in issues ques. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Many Thanks,

Any Update?

Hi Dan,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue has not yet been resolved and is pending for investigation. We really appreciate your patience in this regard and will share the good news with you as soon as the feedback will be shared by our product team.

Many Thanks,

Hello Team,

What are you doing?
We have been waiting for the solution since July 01, 2015 and its 42 days passed and didn’t get any solution from your side.

This time please don’t reply like you have not investigated it yet.

In your previous replies you had asked us to upgrade to Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.5.0. But we have upgraded it to 15.6.0.0 and still issue persists and now a special character is appearing in place of that bullet while there should neither be a bullet nor a special character.
(Please refer the attached PPT file)

Now, we want a proper solution from your side because its affecting our work a lot.

Thanks
Binod Paikaray

Any update?

Waiting for your reply…

Hi Binod Paikaray,

I have discussed the status of the issue with our product team. We have scheduled the issue for investigation during current week and after this we will be able to provide further feedback with you regarding ETA in this regard. We can imagine sense of urgency on your end and feel sorry for your inconvenience. However, I like to assure you that our product team schedule and consider the issues on first come and first serve and then on complexity basis. We will share the updates with you as soon as they will be shared by our product team.

Many Thanks,

Hello Team,

We are really not satisfied with your service.

This issue was posted on July 01, 2015 and still no success on it. Are you still investigating this issue? Is this issue such a big one? Is this the way you provide support to your customers?

From more than 2 months you are giving false statements that we have queued this up for investigation… but I think you are not able to fix this issue. Is it so?

Now you please tell what should we do now? What should we tell to our clients?
Your service is impacting our service also.

Hi Binod,

Please accept my apologies for inconvenience on your end. I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the concerned issue has been marked as resolved in upcoming Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.8.0. We are trying our levels best to meet the aspiration of our worthy clients. We will share the good news with you as soon as the product will be available online.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for the update.

So, we are waiting for the update from your side now and please this time do let us know about the release of Aspose.Slides (15.8.0.0) on time and don’t make us to write message like my previous one :slight_smile:

Hi Binod,

We will for sure share the notification with you as soon as the product will be shared online. I also like to share that Aspose.Slides for . NET 15.7.0 has just recently been shared.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36589) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Thanks very much team… its working fine now with this update.

Thanks
Binod Paikaray

Hi Binod,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are glad to know that your issue is resolved and things have started working on your end.

Please feel free to contact us if we could be of any help to you.

Best Regards,