Issue with the send date of the EML files

Hi,

I am using the latest version of Aspose.Email, but I am having a issue when I try to get the date from some eml files.

The EML file contains this date: "16 2 2012 09:46:53"

This is the date that returns (Aspose.Email): "01/01/0001 12:00:00 a.m."

But, the previous version (Aspose.Network) returns the correct date that has the EML file: "02/16/2012 09:46:53 a.m."

When used the previous version (Aspose.Network), this issue does not happen.

This is the code I am using:

MailMessage message = MailMessage.Load("example.eml", MessageFormat.Eml);

Console.WriteLine(message.Date);

I have some EML files to analyzed it and reproduced this issue, if you needed just let me know.

Please if there is something that you could do to fix this I'll really apreciate.

Regards,

Hi Gerardo,

I have tested the scenario and found that if a message is created but not sent then this date is displayed as 01/01/0001 12:00:00 a.m. However if this message is a sent/received message and then saved to EML file, its date will be displayed properly.

Please test with some sent/received EML file and let us know your feedback. If still problem persists, send us the sample EML file as it will help us to assist you as soon as possible.

Hi Kashif,

Sorry for the delay.

First scenario: Create a message but not send, the date is shown as 01/01/0001 12:00:00 am (I understand that this is so)

Second scenario (My case): Message is a sent/received message, In my tests, it date does not display properly.

I attached the example EML file.

Regards,

Hi Gerardo,

Thanks for providing the supporting information. I have analyzed the EML and have observed the issue in sent date by loading it in MailMessage. I have passed all the information to the development team and will write back here as soon as some feedback is received by the developers.

This issue is logged in our issue tracking system as NETWORKNET-33531.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33531) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

@kashif.iqbal,
Is this issue fixed in aspose.email 19.9 version ?? I am having the same issue right now.

@alishasharma,

The concerned ticket has been resolved since 2012. I suggest you to please try using latest version on your end and share the feedback if it is still incurring on your end.