Issues creating PDF's from xls spreadsheets containing EMF chart images

When trying to create a PDF from an xlsx spreadsheet that contains data and also EMF images (charts), however non of the charts are visible after the PDF has been created, I have seen earlier posts where you talk about support EMF files as a project enhancement so can you please tell me if/when EMF images will be supported as this is causing a great deal of additional work on behalf of the users having to copy and paste as PNG formats to be able to get their charts to display.

I do have sample files that I can supply if these are needed

@idbs,

Kindly send us your problematic documents and the complete code. We will investigate your scenario in our environment and share our findings with you.

@imran.rafique,

Please find the attached sample file and output PDF for your reference.
Sample code can be found below.

LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions();
    loadOptions.setMemorySetting(MemorySetting.MEMORY_PREFERENCE);
    Workbook workbook = new Workbook(inputFile.getAbsolutePath(), loadOptions);

PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
    pdfSaveOptions.setOnePagePerSheet(NO_ONE_PAGE_PER_SHEET);
    pdfSaveOptions.setRefreshChartCache(true);

File resultedPdf = new File(inputFile.getAbsolutePath() + ".pdf");

workbook.save(resultedPdf.getAbsolutePath(), pdfSaveOptions);
    return resultedPdf;

example.zip (794.3 KB)

@idbs,

You are using Aspose.Cells for .NET API. We have moved this thread to Aspose.Cells product family forum, and one of our fellow workers will assist you soon.

@idbs

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42599 - Images are lost when Excel file is converted to Pdf

Java

Workbook wb = new Workbook("example.xlsx");
wb.calculateFormula();
wb.save("out.pdf");

@idbs

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-42599 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@shakeel.faiz

Thanks for the update.
Would you be able to suggest an ETA of the new version with the fix?

@idbs

Normally it takes 2-3 working days when we notify you. And sometime, fix is available at the same day when we notify you. However, please spare us 1-week i.e. 5-Working Days and we are hopeful, the fix will be available in that time span.

@idbs

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42599) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 18.6. Please also see the document for your reference: Installation|Documentation