Issues in Aspose.slides while converting to PDF

Hi,

We have found several issue while testing powerpoint test assets with 7.40 & 7.3.0

1 - Source - Widescreen Presentation.potx, Output - Widescreen Presentation_2.pdf
- Slide #3 - The square hollow bullet is changed to round bullet in PDF
[Regression][Data Loss]- Slide #3 & Slode #5- The butterfly image and the flower images are totally lost/corrupted. This is a regression as I dont see this issue in 7.3.0 or 7.2.0
- Slide #4 - The font color is changed from white to black within the rectangular red box. Also the bar chart values are truncated.

2 - SlidesTest.ppt, Output - SlidesTest_2.pdf
- Slide #2 - The numbering in the slide is converted to bullets in output PDF

3 - [Regression]Document_PPT_005.ppt, Output - Document_PPT_005_2.pdf
- All slides have a '*' mark at the center of the footer. This is regression when compared to 7.2.0

4 - 0795.634-FB-29_A.xls, Output - 0795.634-FB-29_A_2.pdf
- Extra line or rectangular boxes seen while zooming the PDF. This issue seems to be with levels of zooming. But this needs to be resolved for adobe to render properly.

5 - Me!.ppt, Output - Me!.pdf
- Background color blending allignments changing after transforming to PDF

6 - BlackBackground.ppt, Output - BlackBackground_2.pdf
- Slide #1 - Black background seen on the pie chart.
[Regression][Data Loss]- Slide #1 - The word "composition attribute" above the pie chart is messed up. - This is a regression as this issue is not seen with 7.2.0 or 7.3.0

7 - 20 slide presentation .ppt, Output - 20 slide presentation .ppt.pdf
[Data Loss]- Starting from Slide #4 - Country names present in most of the slides from the attached PPT is missing in target PDF

8 - Axis.pot, Balance.pot, Balloons.pot, Respective pdf outputs attached (All are just 1kb in size)
- Aspose creates corrupt PDF output for the attached POT files which cant be opened in Acrobat Reader.

Let me know if any more details wrt are needed.

Thanks,

Satyendra Acharya

Hi Satyendra Acharya,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the presentation files and issues shared by you. The issues shared are of diverse nature and are totally independent of each other. Therefore, I request you to please share the separate issues by launching separate threads. This way it is easy for us to focus on issue and also the issue becomes forum specific. It will also be helpful to you in getting inquiries related to issue.

Now coming to issues, I have been able to reproduce the issues and will share my feedback individually for all of them.

acharyasatyendra87:
1 - Source - Widescreen Presentation.potx, Output - Widescreen Presentation_2.pdf
- Slide #3 - The square hollow bullet is changed to round bullet in PDF

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33906 has been created to further investigate and resolve this issue.

acharyasatyendra87:
[Regression][Data Loss]- Slide #3 & Slode #5- The butterfly image and the flower images are totally lost/corrupted. This is a regression as I dont see this issue in 7.3.0 or 7.2.0

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33907 has been created as regression to further investigate and resolve this issue.

acharyasatyendra87:
- Slide #4 - The font color is changed from white to black within the rectangular red box. Also the bar chart values are truncated.

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33908 has been created to further investigate and resolve this issue for font color getting changed. I have not been able to observe any bar charts values getting truncated. Can you please highlight the issue in the form of snapshot for my reference so that I may investigate it further.

acharyasatyendra87:

2 - SlidesTest.ppt, Output - SlidesTest_2.pdf
- Slide #2 - The numbering in the slide is converted to bullets in output PDF
An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33909 has been created to further investigate and resolve this issue.

acharyasatyendra87:
3 - [Regression]Document_PPT_005.ppt, Output - Document_PPT_005_2.pdf
- All slides have a '*' mark at the center of the footer. This is regression when compared to 7.2.0

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33910 has been created as regression to further investigate and resolve this issue.

acharyasatyendra87:

- Extra line or rectangular boxes seen while zooming the PDF. This issue seems to be with levels of zooming. But this needs to be resolved for adobe to render properly.

I like to share that the issue belongs to Aspose.Cells. Please log Aspose.Cells related issues in Aspose.Cells forum. I will request my fellow team member from Aspose.Cells team to share his comments for this issue.

acharyasatyendra87:
5 - Me!.ppt, Output - Me!.pdf
- Background color blending alignments changing after transforming to PDF

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33911 has been created to to further investigate and resolve this issue. I have observed issue on slides 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9.

acharyasatyendra87:
6 - BlackBackground.ppt, Output - BlackBackground_2.pdf
- Slide #1 - Black background seen on the pie chart.
[Regression][Data Loss]- Slide #1 - The word "composition attribute" above the pie chart is messed up. - This is a regression as this issue is not seen with 7.2.0 or 7.3.0

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33912 has been created to further investigate and resolve this issue of black back ground appearing. I also like to share that the Pie chart is in fact an Ole frame for Aspose.Slides and not a MSO chart. The chart is created in MS Excel. I have not been able to find text "composition attribute". Can you please highlight this issue in the form of snapshot so that I may investigate it further on my end.

acharyasatyendra87:
7 - 20 slide presentation .ppt, Output - 20 slide presentation .ppt.pdf
[Data Loss]- Starting from Slide #4 - Country names present in most of the slides from the attached PPT is missing in target PDF

I like to share that WordArt support is presently unavailable in Aspose.Slides. The countries names are missing because they are in WordArt. An issue with SLIDESJAVA-33460 has already been created for the same presentation with Enterprise support level priority but unfortunately it is blocked owing to missing support.

acharyasatyendra87:
8 - Axis.pot, Balance.pot, Balloons.pot, Respective pdf outputs attached (All are just 1kb in size)
- Aspose creates corrupt PDF output for the attached POT files which cant be opened in Acrobat Reader.

An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33913 has been created to to further investigate and resolve this issue.

This thread has been linked with all of the above mentioned issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

I would like to address your issue for Aspose.Cells regarding converting XLS file to PDF:

acharyasatyendra87:

Please try the latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.4.3.5. I have tested converting your XLS file (in the zipped archive) to PDF, it works fine and there is no extra line or rectangular box.

Let us know if you still find any issue now.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33906;SLIDESJAVA-33907) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

SLIDESJAVA-33906 - This is not fixed in 7.5.0. I tested and still observe that the square hollow bullet being wrongly rendered to round bullet.

SLIDESJAVA-33907 - Is fixed

Thanks,

Satyendra

Hi Satyendra,

I have verified the presentation again on my end using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.5.0 in Windows 7 x64 environment with JDK 1.6_35 installed and have not been able to reproduce the issue. For your kind reference, I have attached the generated PDF. Can you please verify the issue on your again please as I am unable to reproduce it. Can you please also share the complete environment and Operating system details where by you are performing your conversion. I have used the following sample code on my end.

PresentationEx PPTPres = new PresentationEx(path2+“Widescreen Presentation.potx”);
PPTPres .save(path2+“Widescreen Presentation.potx.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I am still facing the issue with slides 7.5.0. Please find machine details attached.
Java - 1.7.0_17.

More Info:
I tried the same conversion in my x64 Windows 7 machine with Java 6 and output looks good.

Please investigate and let us know next steps on this.

Thanks,
Satyendra Acharya

Hi Satyendra,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

I have JDK 1.7_07 x86 and JDK 1.7_21 x64 installed on my Windows 7 machine. I have worked with both versions and have generated the correct outputs. For your kind reference, I have attached the generated PDF for both versions. Can you please give a try to any of mentioend Java version. I feel there is some font related issue on your end and also suggest you to please give a try on some fresh machine as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Sure I will try out with these version.

Meawhile on a different note, can you please let me know if you support JAVA 1.7 as what I see is all the aspose jars are complied using 1.6 max.

We want aspose to support 1.7 though. Just checking if there could be possibility of issues using 1.6 compiled jars in 1.7 JVM.

Thanks,
Satyendra Acharya

Hi Satyendra Acharya,

Yes, the Aspose.Slides jar files are supported with Java 7. You may please use the jar file and if there is any issue please feel free to share with us.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33913) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33910) have been fixed in this update.

SLIDESJAVA-33906 - Not Fixed altough its tagged as Fixed.
Please take a look. I have tested this with Aspose.Slides 8.1.0.

Can you please move the following as Enterprise Support

SLIDESJAVA-33909

SLIDESJAVA-33911

And also this seems to be a regression SLIDESJAVA-33912

Can you take the above on priority and let us know the ETA

Thanks,

Ajesh

Hi Ajesh,

Thanks for your feedback. I have tested the issue SLIDESJAVA-33906 using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.1.0 and have found issue resolved. I like to share that SLIDESJAVA-33906 is related to improper rendering of the hollow square bullet on Slide 3 in Widescreen Presentation.potx. For your kind reference, I have also share the generated PDF as well. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard regarding issue SLIDESJAVA-33906.

I am moving the issues SLIDESJAVA-33909 and SLIDESJAVA-33911 to Enterprise support forum as well. You have shared that we may consider SLIDESJAVA-33912 as regression. Can you please share the version of Aspose.Slides for Java with which you are able to find the issue as resolved but reproducing the issue in other version. Can you please verify the issue SLIDESJAVA-33912 using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.1.0 as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi Ajesh,

Our development team has investigated the issue SLIDESJAVA-33911 on their end. Actually, the source presentation Me!.ppt was originally created with a modern PowerPoint version (PPTX) and then saved to the PPT file. It contains some advanced features unsupported by the PPT format. That is why you are getting the bacground color blending alignment issue for slides 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9. However, there is a kind of workaround that allows to export such PPT file to PDF correctly (except for the slide #9, the PresentationEx class is also affected by that issue). Please use the PresentationEx class instead:

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(path + “Me!.ppt”);
pres.save(path + “Me!.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Please share it if it’s helpful for you. I have also attached the generated PDF for your kind reference that has correct blending of background alignment. There is only issue in Slide 9 background and we have internally created an issue to resolve this as well. Please share your further feedback in this regard with us.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33912) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33909) have been fixed in this update.

Hi Mudassir,

We’ll get back on SLIDESJAVA-33906 and SLIDESJAVA-33912 based on your above comment.

But we’ve just found that the issue SLIDESJAVA-33910 is still present even though it is marked as fixed here. I tested with latest Slides (8.3) and I still see * char at the bottom of each slide.

Just attaching output here for reference. Can you check that …

Thanks

Hi Ajesh,

Thanks for your feedback. I have re-verified the issue SLIDESJAVA-33910 on my end by using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.4.0 in Windows 7 x64 with JDK 1.7_25. I have not been able to observe the issue specified. Can you please re-confirm the issue on your end by using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.4.0 and if there is still an issue then please share the Operating system and Java details with us along with result of Aspose.Slides for Java 8.4.0. I will investigate it further on my end to help you out.

Presentation present2 = new Presentation(path+“Document_PPT_005.ppt”);
present2.save(path+“Document_PPT_005.ppt.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Many Thanks,