Issues Installing Aspose.Slides for Python via .NET on Linux Container

Hi everyone,
I’m attempting to install aspose.Slides on Linux via Docker and am using a setup similar to the one posted here:

Aspose.Slides for .NET - No Usable Version of Libssl Found with Linux Server.

However, I run into the error:

No Usable Version of Libssl Found with Linux Server

The issue is I cannot downgrade my openssl version to 1.x.x as it is not part of my company’s repos and it is against company policy to simply “wget” a package and build from source.

How can I resolve this? What are my other options?

@nikhil.x7

Could you please provide more details about your current environment, such as the version of .NET you are using and the specific Linux distribution in your Docker container?

I am using the .NET bundled by the python package procured from pypi: aspose.Slides (version 24.10.0)

I am using a RHEL 9 image.

@nikhil.x7,
Thank you for contacting free support. I need some time to check the problem. I will get back to you soon.

We are using RHEL 9.4

We are trying to get around this issue by installing dotnet sdk 8.0 as well. How can we point aspose.Slides to use the pre-installed dotnet sdk (8.0) ?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is It Possible to Get a Linux Wheel of Aspose.Slides with .NET Core 6.0 or Higher?

@nikhil.x7,
Thank you for the additional information. I will contact you a little later.

@nikhil.x7,
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESPYNET-238

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

So looks like aspose.Slides via .NET framework forces us to use a lower version of OpenSSL and therefore will not be an appropriate long term solution.

I can try with aspose.Slides via Java as well.
Is the API of this package 1-1 with the aspose.slides Python via .NET?
Are there any missing features/limitations with using this?

My worry is that Powerpoint is a Microsoft product and therefore likely works better with .NET.
Please let me know the differences between the 2 packages in terms of the features, the performance, and the stability.
@andrey.potapov

Thanks

@nikhil.x7,
I am working on your questions and will get back to you soon.