Issues with CELL function when Workbook.CalculateFormula() is called twice

Hello,

We’ve encountered an issue with a CELL function in a particular scenario, these are the steps to reproduce:
1. For CELL(“type”, A1), A1 cell without any value, then performed Workbook.CalculateFormula() - it correctly computes the value ‘b’.
2. Placed a value in the A1 cell (123.00), then performed again Workbook.CalculateFormula() - it incorrectly computes the value ‘b’, instead of ‘v’.

I’ve attached a small console application describing the above issue.

Aspose.Cells version is 7.2.2.5.

Thanks in advance,
Mihai Andrei,
Sr. Software Engineer,
IBM Romania

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells.

I can reproduce the issue at my end as you have mentioned. Our development team will look into it and we will update you here once we have any information regarding the resolution of this issue.

The issue has been logged in our Issue Tracking System as: CELLSNET-40850.

We also recommend you to download and use this LATEST version of Aspose.Cells in your applications.

Hi,

Please add a line to your code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

workbook.Settings.CreateCalcChain = false;

workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[1, 0].Formula = “CELL(“type”, A1)”;
workbook.CalculateFormula(false);
Console.WriteLine(“CELL(type) when there is no value is correct: ‘{0}’”, workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[1, 0].Value);

workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[0, 0].PutValue(123.00);
workbook.CalculateFormula(false);
Console.WriteLine(“CELL(type) when there is a value is incorrect: ‘{0}’, it should of been ‘v’.”, workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[1, 0].Value);

I have tested and it works fine. This is a workaround as it should work fine disabling the calc chain too. Also, the Creating/Disabling the CalcChain will not affect anything on the front end regarding formulas as we continue to look into your issue and try to fix it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET

v7.3.0.1

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40850) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.