Issues with conversion of PDF file to Excel file

We found some issue with conversion of a PDF file to Excel File. Here are the issue:

1. If there is any table created in the PDF file and the table header is written in two line like below:

Total

Quantity

Then while converting to Excel file it is creating two different cell one for “Total” and another for “Quantity” which is not correct implementation. It should write the this data in a single cell.

2. It is ignoring the empty cell in table in the PDF file and so that after converting to Excel file it is changing the position of the other cell value.

I have attach the pdf file “15273164-1.pdf” and converted excel file “15273164-1.xls” for reference. Please check and let me know where I am lacking.

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and noticed the multi-line cells data and empty cells data rendering issue, so logged following tickets in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

PDFJAVA-36193: multi-line cell data rendering issue
PDFJAVA-36194: empty cell data rendering issue

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Please provide update on this. We have taken your license to implement our use cases but this issue is blocking our development.

Thanks
Vishal

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the reported issues are still not resolved as we have recently noticed these. We will notify you soon as we made some significant progress towards issues’ resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-36194) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 20.12.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-36193) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 21.12.