Issues with converting ODP files to PDF

Hello,

I want to report several issues we run into while using Aspose.Slides APIs to convert OpenDocument Presentations (Odp) to Pdf format.

The version of Aspose.Slides used for conversion is 15.3.0.0

1. In some cases Aspose.Slides simply cannot recognize ODP files. For example attempt to open file “friday_1484.odp” (attached) by calling

Aspose.Slides.Presentation presentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(“friday_1484.odp”)
throws “Aspose.Slides.PptUnsupportedFormatException” with
description = "Not a Open Office presentation."

2. In other cases the format can be recognized but some files elements are missing or not converted correctly. Such for file “test .odp” the bullet points are not converted properly.

Please see attached original file and PDF output.

We are actively using Aspose APIs for PDF conversions in our product and the problems with conversion quality and format’s recognitions are serious issues for us.

Best Regards,

Jelena Rastas

Hi Jelena,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and have worked with files shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issues. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33401 has already been logged into our issue management system against PptUnsupportedFormatException. Another issue with ID SLIDESNET-33428 for incorrect rendering of Bullets has also been logged already. I have linked these issues with this thread so that you may be automatically notified once these issues are resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33401) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33428) have been fixed in this update.