Issues with displaying data after merging cells when using LightCells API

If I try to use merge method to merge some previously filled cells while traversing by LightCellDataProvider (startCell method) it will merge them, but values will not be displayed - just empty cells. To get cells collection i call workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells() and then in startCell I just merge previous columns in the same row

What may I be doing wrong? My Aspose.Cells version is 20.4

@linatan,

According to LightCells API architecture, it is mainly designed to manipulate (add, update) cell data one by one without building a complete data model block (using the Cell collection etc.) into memory. It works in an event-driven mode. While writing cells data, one Cell object is processed and then discarded immediately, so the Workbook object does not hold the collection. You should not merge cells in the class that implements LightCellsDataProvider interface. You may merge cells outside of the light mode (scope). For example, you may merge cells in the main method accordingly. See the LightCells API document with example code for your complete reference.