Issues with footnotes when converting docx to PDF

Hi,

I’m having some issues with footnotes when I convert docx to pdf. For the conversion, I’m using the code below:

Document document = new Document("document.docx");
PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
document.save("document.pdf", saveOptions);

Below are the cases which have issues. The input docx and output PDF documents for those cases are here - documents.zip (5.1 MB).

“Widow/Orphan” case:

When there is a paragraph with the “widow/orphan control” option off and it has a footnote, the exported PDF document does not match with docx.

“Keep lines together” case:

When there is a footnote with the “keep lines together” option on, the exported PDF document does not match with docx.

“Keep with next” case:

When there are two paragraphs of footnote text and “Keep with next” option is on, the exported PDF document does not match with docx.

Big image case:

When there is a big image in a footnote, the exported PDF document does not match with docx.

Specific project case:

In a specific project case (the document is attached), conversion to PDF creates the additional page.

Several sections case:

When two sections are separated by a section break, and the footnote content in the first section goes beyond the first page, the exported PDF looks different than the Word document.

Repeat header rows case:

When there is a table in a footnote with “repeat header rows” option on,
and the content of the table is in two pages, word does not repeat header rows for the table. Also, the word shows the document in 3 pages. However, when it’s converted to PDF, the document shows repeated header rows, and the all document is shown in 2 pages.

@ANDREA.FARRIS

The issue has been logged as WORDSNET-26690.

The issue is not reproducible using the latest 24.3 version of Aspose.Words for NET:
keep_lines_together_out.pdf (45.7 KB)

24.3 version of Aspose.Words for Java will be released within a week or so.

The issue has been logged as WORDSNET-26691.

The issue has been logged as WORDSNET-26692.

The issue has been logged as WORDSNET-26693.

The issue has been logged as WORDSNET-26694.

The issue has been logged as WORDSNET-26695.

1 Like