Issues with shapes and WordArt effects when saving as PDF (Words/Cells)

Hello,

We use the Aspose suite extensively in our product to convert Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) to PDF.

A customer has reported an issue when creating PDFs from sources containing shapes and WordArt effects. I have attached zip with the following files:

shapes_and_effects.zip (149.0 KB)

• shapes_and_effects.xlsx - original Excel file
  • shapes_and_effects_xlsx_excel.pdf - how Excel renders the PDF (expected result)
  • shapes_and_effects_xlsx_aspose.pdf - how Aspose.Cells renders the PDF
  • shapes_and_effects.docx - original Excel file
  • shapes_and_effects_docx_word.pdf - how Word renders the PDF (expected result)
  • shapes_and_effects_docx_aspose.pdf - how Aspose.Words renders the PDF

The issues I’ve noticed in the Aspose-generated PDFs are:

• With the scroll shape, the darker/shadowed part of the scroll is not darker/shadowed.
  • With the shadowed text in the text box, the font looks off and the shadow effect is not applied.
  • The text that has no fill or outline, and thus should be practically invisible, is clearly visible.
  • The scroll shape appears to have slightly different dimensions in xlsx_aspose.pdf vs xlsx_excel.pdf.

I have used Aspose.Words 19.8.0 and Aspose.Cells 19.8.0. PDFs were simply created by:

var workbook = new Workbook(@"c:\temp\shapes_and_effects.xlsx");
workbook.Save(@"c:\temp\shapes_and_effects_xlsx_aspose.pdf", Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

var doc = new Document(@"c:\temp\shapes_and_effects.docx");
doc.Save(@"c:\temp\shapes_and_effects_docx_aspose.pdf", Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Is this a bug, or perhaps several?

@lars.olsson

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issues at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged these problems in our issue tracking system as follow. You will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issue ID is CELLSNET-46869.

The issue ID for shadow text issue is WORDSNET-19095 and for invisible text is WORDSNET-19096.