We use the Aspose suite extensively in our product to convert Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) to PDF.
A customer has reported an issue when creating PDFs from sources containing shapes and WordArt effects. I have attached zip with the following files:
shapes_and_effects.zip (149.0 KB)
- shapes_and_effects.xlsx - original Excel file
- shapes_and_effects_xlsx_excel.pdf - how Excel renders the PDF (expected result)
- shapes_and_effects_xlsx_aspose.pdf - how Aspose.Cells renders the PDF
- shapes_and_effects.docx - original Excel file
- shapes_and_effects_docx_word.pdf - how Word renders the PDF (expected result)
- shapes_and_effects_docx_aspose.pdf - how Aspose.Words renders the PDF
The issues I’ve noticed in the Aspose-generated PDFs are:
- With the scroll shape, the darker/shadowed part of the scroll is not darker/shadowed.
- With the shadowed text in the text box, the font looks off and the shadow effect is not applied.
- The text that has no fill or outline, and thus should be practically invisible, is clearly visible.
- The scroll shape appears to have slightly different dimensions in xlsx_aspose.pdf vs xlsx_excel.pdf.
I have used Aspose.Words 19.8.0 and Aspose.Cells 19.8.0. PDFs were simply created by:
var workbook = new Workbook(@"c:\temp\shapes_and_effects.xlsx"); workbook.Save(@"c:\temp\shapes_and_effects_xlsx_aspose.pdf", Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf); var doc = new Document(@"c:\temp\shapes_and_effects.docx"); doc.Save(@"c:\temp\shapes_and_effects_docx_aspose.pdf", Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);
Is this a bug, or perhaps several?