Issues with SSDT 15.9 - there are no components that can be placed on the toolbox

I am attempting to evaluate Aspose Barcode 21.5 for use with SSRS 2017.
image.png (24.2 KB)

I have used the configuration tool that came with the MSI to configure SSRS, however it did not find my SSDT installation anywhere. I manually set the the RSPreviewPolicy and RSReportDesigner (which apparently have different paths than “normal” VS2017:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\SQL\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\SSRS\RSReportDesigner.config
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\SQL\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\SSRS\RSPreviewPolicy.config

the VS Version combo box did not have any selection for SSDT, so I chose the highest version of VS available in the list
image.png (20.9 KB)

The changes that I thought would occur to the RSReportViewer and RSPreviewPolicy files did not happen, so I manually changed them following the instruction set here.

Using that same instruction set, I attempted to add the DLL to my SSDT toolbar, and received the following seems-to-be-common error message:
image.png (3.9 KB)

This is the DLL I am using:
image.png (12.7 KB)

Where am I going wrong with this? I have tried the drag-and-drop method described and the VSIX update both described here, but neither of these fixed my issue.

@WACLAppSupport,
We are looking into this issue and will share our feedback soon.

Aspose Barcode 21.5 requires VSIX 2.6.11

You can install it manually or with Visual studio update.

The documentation here is outdated and at this time is been changed. To setup library is better using ConfigTool utility from “{Package folder}\Tools\ConfigTool.exe”

Sometimes drag-drop doesnot work because of rights. So you can use copy paste menu to add it to Visual Studio.