Issues with tables in documents

Hello,
We have encountered two problems with word documents containing tables.
First, If an html document that contains an especially wide table is converted to a word document, the table extend beyond the border of the document. Is there a way around this issue?
Second, we encountered a document containing a table that is converted incorrectly into html, I have attached this document.

Thanks in advance.

Hi
Thanks for your request.

1. You can use code suggested here to fit your table to page width:
    https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/specifying-table-and-cell-widths/

2. Could you please also attach your output HTML document here? I converted your document to HTML and the table seems to look fine. I would like to compare with your output.

Best regards,

Hi,

I’m sorry for the delay of my reply.

I have attached the HTML output,
you can see that the table’s location is pretty messed up.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. The problem occurs because table in your source document is floating. Aspose.Words tries to set position of floating table as it is specified in MS Word.
You can easily workaround the problem by avoiding using floating tables in your document.
Best regards,

Hello Alexey,

I don’t quite understand what is a “floating table”
But, I did try to change the Text wrapping in the table properties from ‘Around’ to 'None’
And it pretty helped. the location of the table is not perfect but yet sufficient.
A different trouble i’m having with the table is that the left border gets cut.

Is there anything that i’m doing wrong?
Will you release an update for a “floating table” or that i will have to change the text wrapping
each and every time?

Thank you very much, and have a good day!

Hi
Thanks for your request. You correctly understood. Table is floating if its wrap type is around. After changing it to none it becomes inline.
I managed to reproduce the problem with left border. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.
Regarding the floating tables, I logged this problem to our defect database. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is fixed. But I would recommend you to avoid using floating tables.
Best regards,

Hello Alexey,

Was this issue fixed?
What is its ticket number?

Sergey

Hi Ofir,

Thanks for the inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that this issue is not yet resolved. This issue is pending for analysis. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is fixed.

Ticket ids associated with this thread:

WORDSNET-5225
WORDSNET-5226

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5225;WORDSNET-5226) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)