We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Issues with Word documents containing STYLEREF

Hi,



We’ve recently implemented Aspose.Words for SharePoint 2010 (v3.0) in one of our production systems and have just completed the conversion of around 300-400 documents.



We’ve now just realised that every document that contains a STYLEREF field code has not converted properly.



These documents have a header with the field code: ‘{ STYLEREF “Document Title” * MERGEFORMAT }’. This obviously displays the corresponding value fine in the Word document.



Assuming the “Document Title” value is “Test Document”, when converted to pdf, the pdf displays: ‘DOCPROPERTY “Document Title” * MERGEFORMAT Test Document’.



I need this fixed reasonably urgently if possible as i now have to re-convert all 300-400 documents when fixed.



I’ve attached a sample word document for you to test.



I tested the conversion to other formats like TXT and XML and they seem to work fine.



Thanks in advance

Hi Greg,


Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSSP-234. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

I was just wondering if there’s any progress on this issue?

It’s becoming urgent for us that we fix these PDF documents as soon as possible.

Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg,


Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. Currently, it is pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Greg,


I am programmer who worked on your issue.

I’ve just deployed new release (v3.0.1) which should fix the issue.
Could you please download and install it from here -
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.words-for-sharepoint/entry597426.aspx ?

Before installing this new release please uninstall old one (v3.0.0) using its native installer.
It may be also necessary to restart IIS after installing new version (to be sure that appropriate libraries are updated in IIS cache).

Please let us know after testing on your side.

Thanks and regards,
Vadim

UPD. Just to let you know (if you didn’t use this before) that it is possible to convert the whole folder with a number of files inside it - you may open context meny for that particular folder and then select “Convert via Aspose.Words”.

Hi Vadim,

Thank you for this fix … it worked perfectly! And thank you for fixing this issue so quickly.

All our docs have now been corrected.

Thanks also for the tip on converting the whole folder - didn’t know that!

Regards
Greg

Hi Greg,


Thanks for your feedback. Please let us know if you have any troubles in future and we will be glad to look into this further for you.

Best regards,