Iterating through objects in a PDF document

I need to be able insert text fields into an existing PDF document at a certain "place holders". I see that in order to add a text field to a PDF, I will need to provide the page number and x,y coordinates. These positions will be variable for each of our dynamically generated documents because the amount of text in each document will vary and is allowed to flow naturally.

So I'm looking for a way to insert "place holders" into document at the time of creation. My first thought is a blank image. Then if I can iterate through the list of images in a PDF document and get the position of each, then I can add a text field at that position.

In Aspose.PDF.Kit I do not see a way to iterate through images or any other PDF objects.

Is there a way to iterate through PDF objects?

Can I get the position of that PDF object?

Does Aspose.PDF.Kit have this ability or perhaps Aspose.PDF?

Thanks,
Ty.

Hi Ty,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

In current version of Aspose.PDF and Aspose.PDF.Kit, the ability you need is not supported at present.

We will consider to provide the features however we can not promise it can be finished in a near future.

Really sorry for your inconvenience.

Regards,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Iterating through PDF objects is not supported in Aspose.Pdf.Kit. So I think the only possible solution is to save the position info into another file, such as a XML.