IWarningCallback message

Hello,
I’m writing you because I’ve get this warning message: "Font will be substituted from Calibri to {ArialMS GothicGulimArial Unicode}"
So could you be so kind to divide different fonts {ArialMS GothicGulimArial Unicode} with commas for next releases?

And a little question:
How this set of substituting fonts is chosen?

Thank you in advance

Hi Akane,

I have observed your requirement for adding commas separation between font name in IWarningCallback output and have added the issue in our issue tracking system as enhancement with ID SLIDESJAVA-34787. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

Now coming to your question concerning to font replacement, I like to share that it is internal complex algorithm that does so. However, we have also provided interface for the users to set their own font substitution rules and suggest you to please visit this documentation link to serve the purpose in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34787) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,
I’ve tested new release. Thank you for your work, now I see kommas.

By the way, could you be so kind to make clear for me how are fonts to substitute choosen?

I mean there are no Calibri, MS Gothic, Gulim, Arial Unicode on my server. Only Arial. I supposed that message should be “Font will be substituted from {Calibri,MS Gothic,Gulim,Arial Unicode} to Arial”. Am I wrong?
Please could you observe this moment if possible?
Thank you in advance

Hi Akane,

I have observed your comments and like to share that fonts substitution is an internal algorithm that caters for many things while making fonts substitution. The details are not public as it is completely internal implementation. However, for users we do have provided an interface for setting rules of fonts substitution on their end. Please visit this documentation link to see how font rules setting works in Aspose.Slides. I hope this will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

Hello,
Sorry for bothering. Of cause I understand politic of aspose. And I don’t need any code.
I would like only you check warning message if possible because we don’t have set of fonts that mentioned as substituting fonts. The process of substitution works properly. I am confused only by message. Sorry that was not clear.

PS: sorry I accidentally used an account of my colleague. Akane.

Hi Dmitriy,

Is there any thing else that I may help you with. I have shared the documentation link for setting the font substitution rules with you in my last post as well that provides the interface for setting the manual font substitution rules.

Many Thanks,

Hello.

I get message:
"Font will be substituted from Calibri to {Arial,MS Gothic,Gulim,Arial Unicode}"

But. I have NOT
MS Gothic,Gulim,Arial Unicode fonts

Question: Is the message correct?

Only message.
Substitution works correctly.

Hi Akane,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please share the font list installed on your end along with the call back message output achieved. We will investigate that on our end to help you further.

Many Thanks,

Hello

List of installed fonts:

Trebuchet

Bookman Old Style

Wingdings

Times New Roman

Arial Narrow WGL

FBBlueMingL

Comic Sans

Verdana

CSongGB18030C-Light

Century Gothic

Book Antiqua

Corsiva

Symbol

Webdings

Century Schoolbook

Arial

Georgia

Courier New

MotoyaExMincho

Wingdings 3

Sorts

Tahoma

Wingdings 2

MSung HK Light

Impact

Lucida Sans

Lucida Bright

Lucida Sans Typewriter

No one MS font as you see.

I get message:
"Font will be substituted from Calibri to {Arial,MS Gothic,Gulim,Arial Unicode}"

Original documents contained all this fonts mentioned in message, but not server where conversion is performed

Hi Akane,

Thank you for sharing the requested information. I have created an investigation issue in our issue tracking system with ID SLIDESJAVA-34833 to further investigate the issue. Please also share the sample presentation, sample code used and Operating system details with us. I will append the information in our issue tracking system to investigate the issue.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34833) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,
first of all thank you for your job.
I’ve just tested new release…
Nearby.Now for the same document I see: “Font will be substituted from MS PGothic to }”
Actually it’s pretty enough for my purposes. So I’m writing you now just to show that it is still not ideal.

Anyway, thanks a lot

Hi Akane,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and its good to know that things are working and acceptable on your end. We will continue to improve further in this regard. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

As I said before current result is pretty enough for our purposes,
but I suppose there is still bug with messages
“Font will be substituted from MS PGothic to }”
Because name of substituted font is still missed as you can see.
Will you create some “issue” among SLIDESJAVA?
I only would like to know if you are going to improve the message.
Best regards

Hi Akane,

I have observed your comments and request you to please share the output of IWarningCallback on your end. I will investigate that on my end to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hello,
I’m writing you because the warning message is shown a little strange again. (we use 15.7.0)
"Font will be substituted from MS PGothic to {MS PGothic,Arial}"
I’m able to correct this little inconvenience in my code so now I’m asking of some low priority changes for message
To be clear: Correct message looks like "Font will be substituted from MS PGothic to Arial"
Thank you in advance

Hi Akane,

I have observed the enhancement request shared by you and it seems that inconvenience in message is curly braces ( {} ) around the font name. Is this you wish to get resolved. Please share the feedback so that I may add appropriate ticket to rectify the same.

Many Thanks,

Hello,
Sooth to say I don’t so worry about curly braces ( {} ) around the font name. But I’m a little confused that according to message missed font A is substituted by oneself (“Font will be substituted from MS PGothic to {MS PGothic,Arial}” MS PGothic is mentioned twice)
Are you agree?

Hi Akane,

I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-35021 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue by improving the output.We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Many Thanks,