J2ME Barcode Recognition

We are trying to read and recognize DATAMATRIX barcodes (kept as png image) using the "ClamshellCldcPhone1" device that comes with "Netbeans bundled with Java Platform Micro Edition SDK 3.0" emulator. But the read() method in BarCodeReader class is always returning false. PFB the code –

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

BarCodereader br = new BarCodeReader(Image.createImage("/barcode.png"));

if(br.read())

{

System.out.println("CodeText: " + br. getCodeText().toString());

System.out.println("Symbology: " + br.getReadType());

}

Can you please let me know whether the evaluation jar for J2ME supports DATAMATRIX recognition? Can you provide sample code on this?

Hi Sayandeep,

The evaluation version can only recognize Code39Standard barcodes. To test Datamatrix recognition, please

1. Get a temporary license by following the instructions at http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/temporary-license.aspx

2. Set the temporary license in your code. You may set the license using the sample that is included in the Aspose.BarCode for Java jar package (J2ME/Samples/src/MyLicense.java file). Please replace the values e.g. , etc with the ones that you receive in your temporary license.

For Code39 issue, could you please post/email the image, I will check at my end.