Jar is behaving differently on unix and windows

Hi,

I tried to convert pdf to xml in windows and unix . For some text in unix the space gets omitted. For eg in pdf its “Hello World” in xml it comes as “HelloWorld”. But the same comes as “Hello World” while running API on windows system.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support. We are testing the scenario in an environment specified above and will share our findings with you in a while. Please be patient.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Did you have any findings on this?

Hello There,

Thanks for your patience.

We have tested the scenario in different non-windows environment (i.e Ubuntu 15.04, CentOS 7, CentOS 6.5) and we were unable to notice the issue which you have mentioned. We have used Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.4.0 and following code snippet.

Document doc = new Document(dataDir + “SamplePDF(2).pdf”);
doc.save(dataDir + "OutputXML.xml", SaveFormat.MobiXml);

For your reference, input/output files have been attached as well. Furthermore, we are trying to test the scenario on Solaris 11.3 64-bit and as soon as we have some significant results to share, we will inform you. Meanwhile, would you please share some more details (i.e Unix Version, API Version, etc), so that we can try to test the scenario in specific environment and share our findings.

Best Regards,

Hi,

We have Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) . Let me know if you require more information.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing OS version details.

As soon as we setup the specified environment, we will test the scenario and share our findings with you. Please be patient.

Best Regards,