Java Aspose.Cells removes custom macros

I have a template xls file with custom JavaScript macro. If I open it using com.aspose.cells.Workbook (either InputStream or filename passed to the constructor) then write it to another file, then there will be no macro in a resulting file

Link to that xls file at google drive: template_with_macro.xls - Google Sheets

@linatan
I got an xltx file from your google drive.Could you directly upload an xls file here?
Now we do not supporting keep JavaScript macro of xltx, so after opening and saving , JavaScript macro will be removed in the current version.
We will look into how to keep it and provide a method to remove it.

template_with_macro.zip (11.1 KB)

Here it is. Maybe it really is xltx renamed as xls (I am not the creator)

@linatan,

Thank you for the file. However, the file is originally in XLTX format with the extension “XLS”. In any case, we will support keeping or removing custom JavaScript macros in XLTX/XLS file format according to your requirements. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-46034

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@linatan
We have supported kept the custom JavaScript macros when reading and saveing your file.
If you want to remove it , please use Workbook.RemoveMacro() in the next version 24.7

Thank you, I appreciate it

@linatan
You are welcome. Once the version v24.7 is released, we will notify you promptly.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-46034) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 24.7.