Java cells gridweb pagination

Hi,

I am evaluating aspose java grid web using latest grid web version. i have below question

We are trying to draw chart in sheet 2 whereas data is sheet 1 for charts. i have put filters and pagination.

My observation
Filter and pagination:

• based on filter chart get drawn -Works Fine

• Along with pagination the filter just filter current page rows- Does not work as per my expectation
    My expectation:Filter should consider other pages as well while filtering

• Charts get drawn based on current page- Does not work as per my expectation
    My expectation: Charts should consider all pages

Please advise

Hi,

Thanks for providing us details.

Well, in pagination, it is by design and Aspose.Cells.GridWeb filters data based on current (displayed) page only. We think it is right approach. Moreover, charts would be rendered based on current page only. If you want all the dataset should be considered, you have to remove paging.

By the way, We are curious why you want this requirements. Could you take some screenshots to highlight what you want to draw and your expected behavior. Share the screenshots and details here, we can check it if we can support it or not.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply
We have below requirement

1. We have data on sheet 1 based on which charts are created on sheet 2. We want entire data to be considered
  2. Data in sheet 1 can be min 3000 to 15000 max

My concern-if pagination is removed it gets freezed or performance hit in my poc with record max7000.
Whats your advice how we can handle such scenario where data is more and entire data set should be considered

@connect2sahir,

Did you find performance issue without pagination? If true, kindly do create a sample .jsp web page (runnable) and provide us here with all the details (steps involved) to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Sorry I am on vacation and don’t have access to system to share snippet however I am setting values in featureservlet of poc.
Based on your comments I understand you can load in jsp runnable.
Can you share snippet for jsp runnable which I assume is recommendation for my problem.
Sorry to push here but this a decision making for us to use aspose gridweb. Based on my requirement kindly suggest appropriate solution

@connect2sahir,

Well, I am not recommending any solution to cope with your issue. We need your sample (jsp/servlets, etc.) to reproduce the performance issue on our end, so we could log a ticket a ticket for investigation in our database.

Also, I will discuss with the product team to evaluate your concerns and check if we could enhance the pagination to cover all the data (instead of current page) in the worksheet.

Thank you.

To progress things please consider I am using feature servlet and have 15000 data in xl template. By this information are you able progress? I am not doing anything more.

Thanks for logging ticket with your team. Please keep me posted when this will be fixed

@connect2sahir.

I have tested your scenario/case with a big file having more than 20k rows on which I apply filters in code (I did not use paging). It takes lots of time to load the file into its grid matrix. So, I noticed the performance issue where Aspose.Cells.GridWeb (JAVA) won’t be effective much. When I use paging, the performance issue is gone but it might not work as per your needs as auto-filters do not take other pages values into account even though the filter drop downs do show more values in other pages. I will log a ticket for it for product team’s investigation. We appreciate if you could provide your expected behavior with example and details. For example, you may share some screenshots on how do you need auto-filters should function for your needs. We will log all your details and try to implement it in GridWeb. We need this details as we want to enhance the paging/auto-filter feature in accordance with your requirements so we should not miss anything when analyzing or implementing your requirements.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

Our requirement is very simple

1. Pagination should be there so its user friendly and handles performance
  2. filter should consider dataset from pages
  3. Chart should be drawn based on filtered data set from all pages
  4. There can be multiple filters similar to excel and gridweb today

I want just enhancement to existing filter and pagination based on above points.

Hope this its clear on the requirement. Kindly do needful to get implemented. Is there any ETA? as we need to make decision by this week and can hold if this is quick one. revert incase you require any further information

@connect2sahir,

Thanks for sharing further details.

We now understand your requirements and I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42329” for your needs. Our concern developer from product team will evaluate your requirements and analyse the feasibility of the features.

Please spare us sometime so product team should first investigate it thoroughly.
If we require more information from your side, we will let you know.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

@connect2sahir,

Can it be achieved in MS Excel? How to set chart data that can be based on filtered data?
We need a sample file with details in which you achieve your requirements manually in MS Excel…

Thank you.

@connect2sahir

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix. It should fix your issue.

Please also note down this tip for this fix.

Added Gridweb.setFilteredPaging
i.e. Paging based on filtered data.
So, for this requirement, you can use: setFilteredPaging(true)

Hi,

I tried with the new files provided to validate the fix, i just change lib and awd_client in my project .
aspose grid webgridwebdemo.zip (574.4 KB)

Grid is not showing on webpage.

Attaching my project

@connect2sahir

We have looked into your issue and found there are some issues with Data Filtering which should be fixed.

The following screenshots show that data filter gets reset to All after deselecting some of its items. The paging works fine.

The issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42335 - Data Filter Items get reset to All after deselecting them

Sample Project Link:

Screenshots

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42329) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42329) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.7.