Java | hasExernalLinks() doesn't return true for DDE links

Hi,
when using Workbook.hasExernalLinks() API, I get false when there is a DDE link in the workbook.
0_dde_xlsx.zip (5.9 KB)

Workbook book;
book.hasExernalLinks();  // False
book.getWorksheets().getExternalLinks().getCount();  // Shows there are links
book.removeExternalLinks();  // Removes DDE links

@lirip,

Thanks for the template file and details.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using the following sample code with your template file. I found Workbook.hasExernalLinks() returns false where as it should return true as there is a DDE link in the spreadsheet:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook book = new Workbook("f:\\files\\0_dde.xlsx");

System.out.println(book.hasExernalLinks());  // false
        System.out.println(book.getWorksheets().getExternalLinks().getCount());  // 1
        book.removeExternalLinks();
        System.out.println(book.getWorksheets().getExternalLinks().getCount());// 0

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42836” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@lirip,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42836”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Great! Thanks for the quick response! :star_struck:

@lirip,
You are welcome.

@lirip,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v19.2.1:

aspose-cells-19.2.1.zip (6.4 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. I have tested to fix, and it look great.
Thanks!

@lirip,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42836) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 19.3. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi