java.lang.IllegalArgumentException in VSD to PDF conversion

Hi,

I was initially getting following error during conversion :

Visio files with versions below 11 are not supported. Please convert the file to Visio 2003/2007/2010 format.

Then I opened the file in Visio 2010 and did save-as on it again, after that I started getting following error :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: can’t parse argument number 1:X
at java.text.MessageFormat.makeFormat(MessageFormat.java:1339)
at java.text.MessageFormat.applyPattern(MessageFormat.java:458)
at java.text.MessageFormat.(MessageFormat.java:350)
at java.text.MessageFormat.format(MessageFormat.java:811)
at com.aspose.diagram.Diagram.save(Unknown Source)
at SampleVisio.main(SampleVisio.java:44)

Attaching both the files - original and updated in Visio 2010.

Can you pls check.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for contacting support. We managed to reproduce the error message said. It is the case with both files. We could not notice an error message like “Visio files with versions below 11 are not supported. Please convert the file to Visio 2003/2007/2010 format.”. However, you might face this error message because Aspose.Diagram API doesn’t support older versions of Visio drawings. We have logged two issues as follows:

File Name: EXEF-041879_2.vsd
DIAGRAMJAVA-50034 - IllegalArgumentException message occurred while converting VSD to PDF format

File Name: EXEF-041879_2 - Updated.vsd
DIAGRAMJAVA-50035 - IllegalArgumentException message occurred while converting VSD to PDF format

Your request has also been linked to these issues. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re for the inconvenienced you faced.

Thanks Imran, let me know as when any ETA is available for the fix of these issues.

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for asking about the issue estimate. Your issues are just identified and it will take some time for our development team to further investigate the issues and provide fixes. Anyway, I have asked the responsible development team to take a look at your issues shortly. Once they are done with their analysis of your reported issues, then we will be able to provide you an ETA.

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issues DIAGRAMJAVA-50034 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50035 have now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then these fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 2.1.0. Its release is expected after 2 or 3 weeks. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Thanks a lot Imran for update on this and other reported issues.

We will look forward to have 2.1.0 release with all the fixes.

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for reply us. Please be sure to inform us of your findings, especially in case the error message or any other inconvenience. Anyhow, the new build will be released soon. We will notify you in this forum thread.

Ok sure …

Thanks,
Rajiv

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50034;DIAGRAMJAVA-50035) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.