java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid license signature

@awais.hafeez

Hello,

Since Aspose Words Java 21.5, I have receiving this message “java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid license signature. Please make sure the license file was not modified.”.
License is valid until 20210828. So it is not a license problem.
How to fix that? I am using JDK7.
Any update on this issue?

@bergpatricio,

Please upgrade to the latest (21.8) version of Aspose.Words for Java and see how it goes on your end? In case the problem still remains, then please post your license file ‘via private message’. In order to send a private message with attachment, please click on my name and find “Message” button.

We will then investigate the issue with your license file on our end and provide you more information.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/java-lang-illegalstateexception-invalid-license-signature/234102/2

@bergpatricio,

It is to inform you that we had received your license file and your license file worked fine on our end when using the latest (21.8) version of Aspose.Words for Java. We used the following simple Java code to test this license on our end.

License lic = new License();
lic.setLicense("C:\\yourLicense.lic");
Document document = new Document("C:\\temp\\input.docx");
document.save("C:\\temp\\output.pdf");

The output PDF gets created without any evaluation limitations (watermarks etc) and exceptions on our end which means that the license was applied correctly. Please make sure that you are passing path to the correct license file in setLicense method in your application.

I am using the same code. Only change is aspose from 21.4 to 21.8.
Then I receive the exception below and I can’t update Aspose anymore because of this issue.
Any ideas?

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.aspose.words.zzWQQ.zzWAe(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzWQQ.zzXe9(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzWZJ.zzXue(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.zzYBY(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.zzWAe(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Unknown Source)
at br.gov.tcu.conversor.word.ConversaoWordDefault.processsar(ConversaoWordDefault.java:33)
at br.gov.tcu.conversor.Conversao.processarComRetry(Conversao.java:83)
at br.gov.tcu.conversor.Conversao.converter(Conversao.java:49)
at br.gov.tcu.conversor.TarefaConversao.run(TarefaConversao.java:49)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid license signature. Please make sure the license file was not modified.
at com.aspose.words.zzXyh.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzXyh.(Unknown Source)
… 15 more

@bergpatricio,

To investigate this further, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSJAVA-2645. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated here on the status of the linked issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-2645) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 21.9 update.