java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: asposewobfuscated.zzGR (initialization failure)

Hi,

I am using IBM Domino Designer 9 and I am trying to create a Word document and tables using DocumentBuilder. Currently, my code consists of the basic example codes only. When I create a Word document without using write/writeln inside the table cell, everything works just fine. The problem arises when trying to save a Word document that contains a table with a write/writeln inside the cell. The error seems to appear when I have the write/writeln statement(s). Below is a sample code, along with the stack trace.

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

builder.startTable();
builder.insertCell();
builder.write(“STRING TEXT”);//if I comment out this line, the doc saves just fine
builder.endRow();
builder.endTable();

doc.save(“my_file_path.doc”);

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: asposewobfuscated.zzGR (initialization failure)
java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:141)
asposewobfuscated.zzOB.zzZ(Unknown Source)
asposewobfuscated.zzHW.zzR3(Unknown Source)
asposewobfuscated.zzUR.zzR9(Unknown Source)
asposewobfuscated.zzUR.zzRa(Unknown Source)
asposewobfuscated.zzUR.zzv(Unknown Source)
asposewobfuscated.zzUR.zzw(Unknown Source)
asposewobfuscated.zzUR.zzU(Unknown Source)
asposewobfuscated.zzUR.zzV(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzA1.zzZ(Unknown Source)
asposewobfuscated.zzUH.zzZ(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzZB3.zzZ(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzZB3.zzZ(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzZB3.zzZy(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzYZF.zzY(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzYZF.zzL(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzYZF.zzZ(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzYZF.zzZbQ(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzYZF.zzZbS(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzYZF.zzZbT(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.Table.zzZcM(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zzYZ9.visitTableStart(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zz9R.visitTableStart(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.Table.zzZ(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.CompositeNode.acceptCore(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.Table.accept(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.CompositeNode.acceptChildren(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.Body.accept(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.Section.accept(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.Document.accept(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.zz9R.zzY(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.Document.zzZ(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.Document.save(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.words.Document.save(Unknown Source)
JavaAgent.save(Unknown Source)
JavaAgent.NotesMain(Unknown Source)
lotus.domino.AgentBase.runNotes(Unknown Source)
lotus.domino.NotesThread.run(Unknown Source)

I’m not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I have successfully used Cells for Java in Domino Designer 9 without any issues. I have also set up my jar for Word the same way I have set up my Jar for Cells.

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words for Java is available for Java 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 and will run in any place where Java is installed.

Could you please create separate Java application and add only Aspose.Words Jar file in it and let us know if you still face the same issue?

Hi,

I have tried Java Word as a separate application and I still receive the same error. I am using Java 1.6.

Hi James,

Thanks
for your inquiry.
I will setup IBM Domino Designer 9, jdk1.6 at my side will test the same scenario at my side. I will post the results here for
your kind reference. Please spare us some time for the investigation of this issue. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi James,

Thanks
for your patience.
I have setup IBM Domino Designer 9 at my side and tested the same scenario at my side. I have not found any issue while generating Word document. Please check the attached image for detail. Please make sure that you are adding the Aspose.Words Jar file correctly in your project. There is no issue with Aspose.Words when used with IBM Domino Designer 9.

Hi,

Thank you for the response. The jar files are in the jvm\lib\ext folder located on the server. This is the same way that I had the Cells jar set up. I am running the Java as an agent through Domino Designer (instead of a standalone Java app). Basically we are calling a web service from the browser using a URL.

I also tried saving as docx and it still produces the same error. Oddly, if there is an existing table (ex. creating a Document from a template), it does not produce any errors when I call “builder.write” and save as docx. It still produces the same error when saved as a doc though. I’ve also included another example below:

Document doc = new Document(filePathOfTemplate);

Table table = (Table)doc.getChild(NodeType.TABLE, 1, true);
builder.moveTo(table.getRows().get(0).getCells().get(0).getParagraphs().get(0));
builder.write(“STRING”);

doc.save(filePath + “.doc”);//produces same error
doc.save(filePath + “.docx”);//saves fine

Hi James,

Thanks
for your inquiry.

Could you please try the following code example at your end and let us know if you face the same exception? Are you facing any other issue while using Aspose.Words?

Document doc = new Document();

builder.write("STRING");

doc.save(MyDir+ "Out.doc");

doc.save(MyDir + "Out.docx");

How to reproduce this issue while using Domino Designer at our side. Please share the steps here to reproduce the same issue at our end.

Hi,

I have tried the test code and it works fine. As for trying to replicated the issue, here is one thing to try. In Domino Designer, create a new Java Agent (in the left menu, within a .nsf database, under Code\Agents). When you double click on Agents to open, there should be a “New Agents” button on the top left of the main window. Click on that and fill in the “Name”, and change the “Type” to Java. Once that application is created and saved, you can run it using the IBM Notes Client. In the Client, you’ll need to open up the same .nsf database and run it under the “Actions” drop down menu.

Hi James,

Thanks
for sharing the detail.
Please spare us some time for investigating this issue. We will get back to you soon.

Hi James,

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-982. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi James,

Thanks for your patience. It is to inform you that our development team has completed the work on the issue (WORDSJAVA-982)
and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behavior
you’re observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have
closed this issue as ‘Not a Bug’. I am quoting developer comments here for your reference:

The issue is all about configuration of IBM Domino Designer + IBM Notes Client + few other IBM things. I see nothing about Aspose.Words for Java. The Aspose.Words code is simple and works fine both under plain java and under complex multitier environments. Google returns 10.5K results on question “IBM Domino Designer java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError”.

Thank you for the response. Do you know what settings/configurations need to be changed to allow this functionality to work?

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry. As shared in my previous post, Google returns 10.5K results on question “IBM Domino Designer java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError”. You need to search settings/configurations according to your requirements.