java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.util.Base64

I am using Words.Java 2.2.0.0 with JDK 1.6.0_02-b05 (Fedora 7 VM Ware image). Here is the log:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.util.Base64
at com.aspose.words.bu.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.bu.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.bu.c(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.bu.ad(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)

Can you please let me know what is the cause for this issue?

Thanks,
Milosh

Hi, Milosh,
It is known bug in v.2.2. Please, revert to v.2.1 or wait a little when the fix will be published.
Best regards,

I am using NetWeaver 2.1 with JDK 1.4.2_07 I receive the same error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/org/apache/xerces/internal/impl/dv/util/Base64
at OPEEncrypter.encrypt(OPEEncrypter.java:40)
at com.cvg.sso.GenericAdapterSSO.main(GenericAdapterSSO.java:23)

Do I need to install the Base64 Class? If so where can I get this one from?

Thanks in advance,

Scott J

Hi Scott,
Most probably you are using an old Aspose.Words release: your Netweaver conflicts with ours Retrotranslator. Please upgrade Aspose.Words and all should work.
Best Regards,

Hi Scott,

Can I get some more clarification on this? Is Aspose.Words a necessary component to use with JDK and NetWeaver? If it is, which version does the client need to get this working?

Thanks-

ScottJ

sorry, meant ‘Hi Support’ not ‘Hi Scott.’ Sorry for the confusion

Hi,
To my great sorrow Aspose.Words isn’t necessary component to use JDKJ - It’s just supposed that you are using Aspose.Words since you write to Aspose.Words support forumJ
Probably Netweaver and some other your library both contain and use Base64 class. That causes the jar conflict (aka jar hell).
Anyway, I know nothing about your application and you libraries – it’s better for you to ask your question on Netweaver forum.
Best Regards,