java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unsupported target content type in a multipart/related structure: text/plain

Hi,
when I try to convert special msg-Files to pdf I get the following exception (Aspose.Email 19.1 for Java and Aspose.Words 19.1 for Java):

“java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unsupported target content type in a multipart/related structure: text/plain.”

What’s the problem about this mails?

See Attachment for Example Code and input files: test.zip (80.9 KB)

@dvtdaten

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-18171. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

I see issue status is “Postponed” - why? We receive even more files which have the same problem. We would appreciate a quick solution for this.

@dvtdaten

Your issue is related to another issue (WORDSNET-18267 : System.NotSupportedException is thrown while loading MHTML with a “text/plain” part). This issue has been planned for development and hopefully its fix will be available in May 2019 release. After the fix of this issue, we will look into your issue WORDSNET-18171. We will inform you via this forum thread once it is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Please raise this issue to Paid Support! We face even more of these problems on our side an need a solution in May 2019 release for this issue (not only the WORDSNET-18267)!

Thanks in advance.

@dvtdaten,

We have good news for you i.e. WORDSNET-18171 has now been resolved. The fix of this issue will be included in the 19.5 (next version) of Aspose.Words. We will inform you via this thread as soon as the next version containing the fix of your issue will be released at the start of next month.

Did you test our issue with example above too? Does it work?

@dvtdaten,

Yes, we tested the scenario using the code example shared in your first post and managed to reproduce this issue at our end.

Did you test it with the upcoming version 19.5 too? Is it solved in this version? Does it work now? We need a solution for our issue in the upcoming version for shure. Please test again with the new version to ensure a fix of our issue.

19.1 -> does not work
19.4 -> does not work
19.5 -> ???

Thanks.

@dvtdaten,

We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Email for Java 19.3 and Aspose.Words for Java 19.4 and faced the same issue. However, this issue has been resolved and its fix will be available in next version of Aspose.Words i.e. 19.5. We will inform you once Aspose.Words 19.5 is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-18171) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.5 update.

We have tried with Aspose.Words 19.5 -> works for us! Thanks.