Java Media Framework on JDK11

Hi
TL;DR: We wish to upgrade to JDK 11, and still be able to process TIFF images with aspose.words for java. What is the upgrade path?

Details:
We have been using Aspose.words for java running on the openJdk:8 docker image. We need to handle TIFF images so we install the java media extensions. We use the instructions in the System Requirements.

We now have a requirement to upgrade to JDK 11. JDK 9 removed the the Java Extension Mechanism. This means we cannot use the above install instructions.
In addition, reading and writing of image formats such as TIFF was added in JDK 9 see JEP 262: TIFF Image I/O. This means that it should not be necessary to install JAI and ImageIO for JDK >= 9.

I have tried running our application without the extensions. So far I have found that I needed to add jaxb dependencies, and that the image is missing fonts.

@steve1elsevier,

We are checking this scenario and will get back to you soon.

Thanks @awais.hafeez
For what its worth, I am trying to upgrade to docker image adoptopenjdk/openjdk11:jdk-11.28

@steve1elsevier,

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSJAVA-1983. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

Hi Awais,

I been able to return to this task and now have this working with jdk11.

Docker image: adoptopenjdk/openjdk11:jdk-11.28

I had to install font config:
RUN apt-get update
RUN apt-get install -y ibfontconfig

Added the following dependencies to my build

"javax.xml.bind" % "jaxb-api" % "2.2.11",
"com.sun.xml.bind" % "jaxb-core" % "2.2.11",
"com.sun.xml.bind" % "jaxb-impl" % "2.2.11",
"javax.activation" % "activation" % "1.1.1"

thanks
Steve

@steve1elsevier,

Thanks for the additional information and It is great that you were able to resolve this issue on your end. We will also keep you posted on any further updates on WORDSJAVA-1983.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-1983) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.5 update.