Java Runtime error

Receiving errors during preview rendering
ISlide sld = pres.getSlides().get_Item(format.getPage());
BufferedImage image = sld.getThumbnail(scaledDimension);
ImageIO.write(image, “jpeg”, os);

aspose java error.pdf (146.5 KB)

@kvidmco,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source presentation along with environment details and also please share which Aspose.Slides version you are using on your end.

Hmm. You could get environment details from java fatal error log
It is Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) with 6GB mem and Aspose.Slides 17.8
Since it is fatal error(I can not log anything) at production environment I can not get file, but I think it is not file related problem.

@kvidmco

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that this problem is related to font rendering and problem is in OpenJDK. Can you please try to use Oracle JDK or OpenJDK version 1.8 instead of 1.7. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

I could not try this at production without concrete reason. Could you explain me, why I should do that?

@kvidmco,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that you may use OpenJDK but if OpenJDK crash than you to update this version. Can you please visit fatal error article for more details. This problem is not related to Aspose.Slides. Aspose.Slides uses some features of JVM When this happening JVM crashes. Can you please pay attention on article in which lot of user says this is hardware problem(Bad Memory). Can you please check your hardware.