Javascript is not working when PDF is encrypted

I have attached an example of of JavaScript not firing the expiration date when you password protect a document. In Abode Acrobat, the javascript debugger says illegal characters. AsposeJavaScriptBug.zip (220.9 KB)

@oxcyonDev,
It appears as you have sent an output PDF and we are unable to see the illegal characters error in our environment. Kindly send us your PDF document and a snapshot of the error. We will investigate and share our findings with you. Your response is awaited.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Now I’m getting a different message. The point is, the JavaScript is not firing. It should open an alert.screen-shot.png (118.5 KB)

@oxcyonDev,
We require your input PDF document, so that we could test your input PDF and replicate the same error in our environment. We can see the said Javascript error in your output PDF. Your response is awaited.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

@oxcyonDev,
We executed your code for an empty PDF document and managed to replicate the error of illegal characters. It has been logged under the ticket ID PDFNET-43204 in our bug tracking system. We linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

However, we would recommend you to share your input PDF to cover the actual scenario as well.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Here it is:

Input_Document.pdf (227.5 KB)

@oxcyonDev,
Thank you for sharing an input PDF. We have logged details under the same ticket ID PDFNET-43204 in our bug tracking system. We will let you know once it is fixed.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi
Any news on this ticket?
I’m across the same issue here, are we able to track status of these issued ticket?
Many thanks
George

@george.zheng,

The linked ticket ID PDFNET-43204 is pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. Our product team will investigate as per their development schedules and we will let you know once it is resolved. We recommend you to share all details of the use case for the verification purposes, after the root caused is fixed.