JoinRunsWithSameFormatting does not join the Run nodes using .NET

Hi Aspose team,
Hope you are doing fine!

I am trying to convert word to html with latest Aspose.word library i.e. Aspose.Words_20.4 (.Net). I have written the following code for conversion

int joinCount = doc.JoinRunsWithSameFormatting();

HtmlSaveOptions options = new HtmlSaveOptions();
            options.ExportRoundtripInformation = false;
            options.UseHighQualityRendering = true;
            options.SaveFormat = SaveFormat.Html;
            options.PrettyFormat = true;
            options.TableWidthOutputMode = HtmlElementSizeOutputMode.RelativeOnly;
            options.ExportHeadersFootersMode = ExportHeadersFootersMode.None;
            options.ExportImagesAsBase64 = true;
            options.ExportListLabels = ExportListLabels.ByHtmlTags;

doc.Save(Path.Combine(drivePath, Path.Combine("test.html", options);

However, after the conversion I am getting the following html as can be seen in attached image (this is just an example, there are many such cases in the whole converted HTML).

image.png (2.6 KB)

Here you can see that too many span attributes are generated even with the same format properties. As you can see that I am using the JoinRunsWithSameFormatting function as well before saving but it seems that it does make any difference. Can you please guide me here that I get the HTML with less span attributes i.e. span attributes which are having the same properties are combined? Thanks!

Regards,
Zeeshan

@znasir456

Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi @tahir.manzoor,
Please find the attached document. Thanks!

Regards,
Zeeshan

test_aspose.zip (13.2 KB)

@znasir456

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20333 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi @tahir.manzoor,
Thanks for looking into it!

Can you please let me know that till when the fix will be available (any estimate)? Moreover, is there any workaround which I can use for time being to fix this issue as it is really affecting us? thanks!

Regards,
Zeeshan

@znasir456

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20333) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.10 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.10 update.