JoinRunsWithSameFormatting not joining runs

Hi, I’m trying to join runs together, and JoinRunsWithSameFormatting is not working in all cases. The biggest problem for me is when a single word is splitted into several runs.

For instace, in attached document, I cannot see any format difference between:
doc.Sections[0].Body.Paragraphs[2].Runs[3] " a la concesión de la l"
and
doc.Sections[0].Body.Paragraphs[2].Runs[4] "icencia de vado referida."

Also, I include a couple of sample tables, I don’t know how to inspect runs in tables, but I know some words are splitted, for instance, “Modelo” on first table, and “Administración” on second table.

Any help in order to process document would be appreciated.
thank you
Delia

I have more info about this issue. I think that document.JoinRunsWithSameFormatting is not working on tables… If I call paragraph.JoinRunsWithSameFormatting recursively on each cell of each table, it works.

Hi Delia,

Thanks for your inquiry.
DeliaZgz:
For instace, in attached document, I cannot see any format difference between:
doc.Sections[0].Body.Paragraphs[2].Runs[3] " a la concesión de la l"
and
doc.Sections[0].Body.Paragraphs[2].Runs[4] “icencia de vado referida.”
Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14279. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
DeliaZgz:
I have more info about this issue. I think that document.JoinRunsWithSameFormatting is not working on tables… If I call paragraph.JoinRunsWithSameFormatting recursively on each cell of each table, it works.
We have tested this scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 16.8.0 and have not found this issue. Please use Aspose.Words for .NET 16.8.0.

Thank you Tahir, you are right, tables are fixed with last version.

However, doc.Sections[0].Body.Paragraphs[2].Runs[3] and doc.Sections[0].Body.Paragraphs[2].Runs[4] are still not joined… maybe there’s some hidden style I cannot see

Hi Delia,

We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14279) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 16.12.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 16.12.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.