JPEG 2000 image extracted as "regular" JPEG

Hi,

I have tried to extract and manipulate a JPEG 2000 image in a PDF file. The filter type is recognized properly as Jpeg2000, but as soon as I try to open it with Aspose.Imaging, the loaded object somehow becomes Aspose.Imaging.FileFormats.Jpeg.JpegImage opposed to the expected Aspose.Imaging.FileFormats.Jpeg2000.Jpeg2000Image. I didn’t intend to convert the image’s format, so that I can keep changes to an absolute minimum - which is required for our product -.

Is this expected? Could it be that my sample file is wrong? The FilterType suggests otherwise.
If it’s not expected, how can I solve this? I tried adding a Jpeg2000LoadOptions as a second parameter, but that didn’t change anything as far as I can tell. The image got loaded as a JpegImage regardless.

Here is a sample project with a PDF file showing the behavior:
Jpeg2000Pdf.zip (303.3 KB)

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Regards,
Peter

@psimon

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-57042

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.