We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

jpegDevice.Process Produces Empty Image

We are using version 7 of Aspose PDF. Below is the code to render the first page of a PDF as JPG:

Aspose.Pdf.Document objPDF = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(@"d:\input.pdf");
MemoryStream pStream = new MemoryStream();
Aspose.Pdf.Devices.Resolution resolution = new Aspose.Pdf.Devices.Resolution(72);
Aspose.Pdf.Devices.JpegDevice jpegDevice = new Aspose.Pdf.Devices.JpegDevice(800, 800, resolution, Convert.ToInt32(50));
jpegDevice.Process(objPDF.Pages[1], pStream);
byte[] content = pStream.ToArray();
System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(@"d:\output.jpg", content);

The resulting image file we receive is an all empty JPG. I am attaching both input and output files to this post.

Please advise on how to fix this. This is an urgent issue for us.

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as
PDFNEWNET-33842. We will investigate this
issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi, do you have any progress on this? We have tried to extract the first image from the document for an interim solution, but even that is not working. Getting the image and calling the XImage and calling its SAVE method ends up with exception saying "Image type is not supported".

We really need to find a way to solve it asap. Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi Alp,

Thanks for using our products, as we just have been able to discover PDFNEWNET-33842, so we require some time to investigate this issue in detail. However, as soon as we have made some significant progress towards the resolution of this problem, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi, Any updates or time frame for a solution on this?

It is really causing problems at the moment and we have to find a way to solve the issue. Being patient might not be possible for clients; so please provide a solution or a date for us.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Alp,

Thanks for your patience.

I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share that this issue is still unresolved. Currently it is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Also, at the moment we can't provide you the ETA for this issue. However, I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. As soon as we get required information, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

Please provide any update available on this issue.

Thanks.

Hi Alp,

Thank you for your patience.

I am very pleased to inform you that the issue is resolved by the development team and this issue will be a part of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.2 (to be released in August as per our monthly release plan) after following the complete testing and release cycle. Please be patient and we will notify you once the version is available for download.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

I am in the process of evaluating this product at the moment and seeing similar behaviour.

In my test example, I add some text and a logo image to a PDF using the Generator. When I export the PDF both the text and the image are displayed on page one.

If I then export the page using JpegDevice, PngDevice, GifDevice or PdfConverter -> GetNextImage then the resultant image includes my text, but not my logo image.

I am using version 7.1.0.0 of the .NET library for my evaluation.

Is the issue described in this thread the cause of this missing logo image or is there somthing else I should be doing?

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf.

I think it would be better if you can share your sample code and logo file with us so that we can check your issue. This will help to identify the actual issue and see if it is a similar issue reported in this thread or a different one.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The solution to this issue was planned for August; are there any updates for this?

Thanks.

Alp.

Hi Alp,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for being patient.

We are currently testing Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.2. (which includes the fix to your reported issue as well) and we will release the version as soon as the testing process is completed. Hopefully, the new version will be released in a few days. Please be patient and you will be notified once the new version is available for download.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33842) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I know a similar problem like this for text was fixed in version 7 (Convert a pdf page to image. text can't be seen)

However, I see the text-missing when converted to image in version 11. Was this bug reintroduced?

Zoldello:
I know a similar problem like this for text was fixed in version 7 (Convert a pdf page to image. text can't be seen)

However, I see the text-missing when converted to image in version 11. Was this bug reintroduced?
Hi Phil,

Thanks for contacting support.

The problem related to missing text when transforming PDF file to Image format depends upon the structure and complexity of input/resource file and in recent release versions, we have made significant progress towards its resolution.

Can you please share your source PDF files, for which you are facing this problem, so that we can test the conversion in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.