Justify in SSRS

What else is needed to enable this functionality. I have installed the extension. It appears in the reporting services configuration file. Are there other properties I need to add to the report file before applying the custom tag to the rdl code?

Aspose.TextAlignment
Justify
< /CustomProperty>

Also, below is the full textbox node I am trying to apply the justify alignment too. Only place it didn't crash report designer was right after textbox opening tag..

<"added tag here - did not crash - did not render justified either">

true

true

="This Amendment (this ""Amendment"") is effective as of the date of full execution of this Amendment between bla bla bla proprietary info...In consideration of the mutual promises and covenants herein contained, and for good and valid consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, Attachment A of the Agreement is hereby amended as follows:"
<"added tag here -- crashed designer">

Times New Roman

9pt

Left

textbox12

None

2pt

4pt

2pt

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Justify/FullJustify Text Alignment - Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I have tested the scenario where I have specified the Text Alignment information for one of the Textbox in my sample report as Justify and FullJustify and as per my observations, when tested using Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices 2.2.0 in VisualStudio 2005 ReportingServices project running over Windows XP SP3, the text alignments are properly being applied. Can you please share which product version you are using.

More along, if possible, can you please share your sample report so that we can test the scenario at our end. In case you are using any data sources, please share the data file or share a sample report based over Adventure Works database. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, I have followed the instructions specified over Justify/FullJustify Text Alignment link to test the scenario.

Thank you I am using Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.2.0 with Visual Studio 2008 for reporting services on SQL Server 2008 R2.

Are there any issues with the above environment? The text box tags in my example are more complex than the simple example in the Aspose on-line documentation section. Are there examples of where or how to insert the justify when there are inside the tag?

The other clarification I need is, should I be able to see the formating in the VS design environment preview? Or do I need to publish the report and save as Aspose PDF before the format is rendered correctly. I am concerned about my assumptions on where the custom formatting will take effect.

I will test with a simple report from the Adventure works.

Thank you

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices is compatible with SQL 2008 ReportingServices. However can you please share the source .RDL file so that we can test the scenario at our end.

Concerning to second query on viewing formatting in VS design environment preview, I think you might not be able to see the text formatting until or unless the report is exported via Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices. In fact this feature is supported by Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices and in case you export the report via default PDF export option, you might not be able to observe this behavior. In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

I have tried to save as aspose pdf to see if the rendering occurs there. When I use the report viewer, save as Aspose pdf, it creates a blank document with no extension and 0 KB. If I try to save as Aspose pdf from the IDE in VS2008 it saves a aspose_pdf_rs_exception.pdf at the root of C:\ with the following information: This happens for any rdl even ones I have not added the justify custom property too. since the save as options are there the extensions appear to be registered. What else woudl be preventing a simple save as?

---------------Exception when rendering report file--------------

Exception Message:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Calling Stack Trace:

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at

Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.ReportParameterCollection

.get_Item(String name)

at xa58baeaa59f3b03e.xfecafa26b1bef2ee.xfdf8cf35f62e2d71(x857a630ea59c63ae

x6dd95b5726d24cd5)

at Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer.x3c17e966883bbe6f(Report

x64343a0786fb9a3f, NameValueCollection x4d7e972a483f38e6,

NameValueCollection x769338e163ee6eb4, NameValueCollection

x69ea43ef171861cd, Hashtable& xcc726f61cfb91835, CreateAndRegisterStream

x6af66da7eca40f82)

at Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer.Render(Report report,

NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo,

NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties,

CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)

----------------------End of Logging---------------------

Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf. Copyright 2002-2011 Aspose Pty Ltd.

Aspose.

Hi Jeff,

The recent release version of Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices has some issues while using it with SQL 2008. In fact the issue has already been fixed and the hotfix will be included in upcoming release version that we are planning to release in few days. I requested the source .RDL so that I can verify the scenario over my end and share my findings. Anyways, if you can share the source .RDL, I can test the scenario and share my findings or you may wait for the new release version and test it by your self. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Attached is my report. This is for a crm 2011 database so not sure how you would evaluate it. The custom property is justify on textbox12.

Ok - I applied the latest version and it is now rendering.

I do have another observation/question. It appears that the Justify formatting is NOT working in a tablix textbox. Is there a way to get that to work?

Hi Jeff,

I have tested the scenario using one of the sample reports shared over http://www.reportbuildertutorial.com/tablix/ and I am able to notice that Justify value is not working for Textbox inside Tablix control. However the FullJustify properly is working correctly. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFREP-30565 . We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

My Project uses SSRS 2008 and Aspose PDF for pdf conversions.
I am facing the same issue with Justifications.In my case the text justification is very random and mostly fails for both textboxes and text boxes inside Tablix controls for a document.
I have used both Justify and FullJustify. But nothing works out.

please help me out!

Thanks,
Chaya.

Hi Chaya,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the .RDL file along with datasource, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. In case you are not able to share the datasource, please create the sample file using AdventureWorks database.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

Looks like the justification issue is now fixed for the textboxes with static text content.
But, I am facing a new problem with dynamically loaded data from the dataset.

I have lots of Fields with data being loaded from the Dataset. I need to justify them.
I tried the same approach, i.e using custom properties set to FullJustify for each textbox.

However, the issue still persists and the data being loaded from the DataSet is not getting justifed.

Please help me out.

Thanks.
Chaya.

Hi Chaya,

Thanks for sharing the details.

As requested earlier, in order for us to figure out the reasons behind this problem, we need input .RDL and datasource, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

I am attaching a report file with the problem that I am facing.
I used the AdventureWorks Database as my datasource and using Production.[Document] table.
Even after applying the custom attributes, I am not able to get the justification done on Textbox6.
Can you please look into this.

Thanks,
Chaya.

Hi Chaya,

Thanks for contacting support.

As your .RDL file is based on SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services, so I am working on preparing the required environment, so that I can test it and share my findings.

Hi Nayyer,

I’m Glad that you started looking into the issue. Please update if you find a solution.

Thanks,
Chaya.

Hi Chaya,

As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.