Kerning in Textlayers

Hello,

I was wondering how I can set the kerning (for the different letters) in a textlayer. I can’t find any reference to this in the api reference.

Hi Heyne,

I have observed the question shared by you and request you to please share the sample image along with code sample that you are using on your end. Please share requested information so that we may help you further. I also suggest you to please visit this API reference link for your kind reference as well.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir:
Hi Heyne,

I have observed the question shared by you and request you to please share the sample image along with code sample that you are using on your end. Please share requested information so that we may help you further. I also suggest you to please visit this API reference link for your kind reference as well.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

By using the script in this topic:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/4217
I'm able to access the layers inside this PSD file.
I'm interested in the textlayer.

The textlayers are the class:
com.aspose.imaging.fileformats.psd.layers.TextLayer

And now I would like to be able to get the kerning values and set them in these layers.
The page you linked is the one I need, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get this class. Could you tell me how it's linked to the textlayers and how I'm able to get it?

I am using the php/javabridge, but if someone was able to give me some sample code in java that's also fine. I've searched trough the docs but couldn't find anything either.

If I take the textlayers and I look at all the resources in these texlayers it shows the following:
TypeToolInfo6Resource
LuniResource
UnknownResource (7 times)

I've included the psd file we are now using.

Hope you can help me.

Hi Heyne,

I have discussed the requirements of applying Kerning effect on PSD image text. I regret to share that TypeToolStyleInfo class that I have shared earlier with you was workable with PSD file versions 5.0 or below and is now obsolete. We shall be removing this class from API documentation as well to avoid confusion. At present, we offer
TypeToolInfo6Resource class which is for PSD 6.0 or higher file versions and does not support Kerning effect. An issue with ID IMAGINGJAVA-715 has been added as new feature request in our issue tracking system to provide support for Kerning effect for text in PSD images. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hello,

I’m checking in to see if there are any updates on this issue or if there is a known workaround.

@tenbrinke,

I have verified the issue status and regret to share that at present the requested support is unavailable in Aspose.CAD. Unfortunately, there is no workaround approach that I may offer you at the moment. We will share the good news with you as soon as the feature will be available.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir Fayyaz

I noticed the status of this issue is now on “blocked”. Does this mean it’s resolved in the .net version but still has to be ported to java (that’s what was told me before about the status blocked).

@tenbrinke,

The issue status “blocked” means that the issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in Aspose.Imaging for .NET. It will first be resolved in Aspose.Imaging for .NET and will then be ported in Aspose.Imaging for Java. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

This issue was for aspose.imaging, it looks like you posted this in the wrong topic.

@tenbrinke,

Yes, you are right. We have removed the intimation post as well.