Keynote-converted PPT files hang when converted

Aspose.Slides runtime version v4.0.30319 (16.12.0.0)

Hey there,
We are currently having an issue converting Keynote-exported PPT files into Slides. If we open a document in Keynote (Mac), and save it as a *ppt (Office 97-2003) file, when we try to convert the file, the process hangs and the file is never converted. We aren’t seeing any thrown exceptions or errors, but are wondering if there may be a known issue with converting .ppt files into Slides? The converter works fine with direct .ppt/.pptx files from PowerPoint, and for .pptx files exported from Keynote. The issue is just specifically with .ppt files that have been exported from Keynote and then tried to convert to Slides.

1. Create a Powerpoint presentation (a single page is fine) and save it as a .ppt file. Save to a drive that’s accessible on a Mac.
  2. On a Mac, download the presentation and open in Keynote.
  3. Export the file to Powerpoint.
  4. Try to convert the exported .ppt file into Slides

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Jason Blackford

@jblackford,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that at present the support for Apple Keynote files is unavailable in Aspose.Slides. For this reason you are having issue while accessing them and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-25966 has been created in our issue tracking system to provide requested support. I also request you to please provide the source presentation generated using Keynote along with used sample code so that I may append that with specified issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Mudassir Fayyaz