Known Issue #6385 - Numeric List

Aspose Team,

I know that issue #6385 (restart of numeric list #s after merge) may not be a hot issue at the moment, but is there a timeframe in place for when it might be fixed? In the past I have used the code given to convert a numbered list into text via the Aspose.Words.dll. However, I am encountering a set of new documents (ranking in the 100s) that contain both a static numbered lists as well as a dynamic numbered list that incremented based upon the data being merged in. The conversion code works for the static numeric lists, but it also removes the dynamic numeric list which, after merging, does not have the desired affect.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, this issue is still unresolved. I linked your request to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Could you please attach sample template here? I will check it and try to find a workaround for you.

Best regards.

Aspose,

Attached is a sample document. This document contains two numeric lists, one dynamic (pg. 1) and the other static (pg. 2). The dynamic list is generated by the data that is fed via a single field that has Carriage Return / Line Feeds that separate each list item, that in turn generate the list. The static list does not change. This document is a simple one, but we have many that have more than one dynamic list. In the past, the documents contain only bullet points for the dynamic list. This allowed me to manually modifying the document by converting the static numeric list to plain text and leave the dynamic bullet point list alone. But now our legal department has changed it from bullet points to numeric.

Thanks

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for additional information. Since your template consists of only one section, I suppose the workaround I suggested in another your thread should work for you.

Please let me know if this does not work in your case.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1860) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.12 update.