We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Korean character not converted

Hello,

Our product uses Apose.Words version 15.4 and I am experiencing a problem converting a document from docx format to pdf. The problem is that a Korean character is converted to a box. Please see attached samples input and output files.

I have tried ensuring that the appropriate font ‘Yu Mincho’ is installed and I have tried using a trial of the latest version (19.1) of Aspose.Words, but still I see the same results.

Could you please help me convert this document correctly.

Many thanks.

Russell Horwood.

Sample.zip (45.7 KB)
yumin.zip (7.5 MB)

@Russell_Horwood

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and attach ‘Yu Mincho’ font here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

I have uploaded the ‘Yu Mincho’ font as requested. Additionally, when I tried to convert without this font installed, I added a warning callback that informed me that without this font it was falling back to ‘Yo Gothic’.

Many thanks.

@Russell_Horwood

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-18049. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@Russell_Horwood

Thanks for your patience.

The problematic characters are from the “U+AC00…U+D7AF Hangul Syllables” Unicode block. “Yu Mincho” font is specified for these chars and it does not contains glyphs for them. So, Aspose.Words performs the font fallback. Currently “DotumChe” and “Arial Unicode MS” fonts are used for fallback in this case. So to get proper fallback you could either install one of them or setup some other fallback font via FontFallbackSettings API.

Moreover, MS Word uses “Batang” font as a fallback in this case. If you want that Aspose.Words should follow MS Word behavior here, we could update the predefined fallback table.