Labels text wrong when converting Excel chart to images

Hi,

When converting an Excel chart to an image, I noticed a number of instances where the label text was wrong (either missing or overlapped):
image.png (94.0 KB)

Code:
var workbook = new Workbook(@".\test.xlsx");
var options = new ImageOrPrintOptions
{
ImageType = ImageType.Emf,
OnlyArea = false,
TextRenderingHint = TextRenderingHint.ClearTypeGridFit,
OnePagePerSheet = true,
Transparent = true
};

workbook.Worksheets["sheet1"].Charts[0].ToImage(@".\test.emf", options);

I’ve attached some of the test cases for your reference:

test files.zip (337.5 KB)

One more thing to notice was that if I inserted these images to MS Word, then manually saved to pdf (using Word ‘Save As’, more text became missing:

image.png (63.7 KB)

Could you please help me check this?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46550 - Labels text messed up when converting Excel chart to images

@ServerSide527,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.1.3 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.1.3 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.7 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.1.3 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.8 MB)

Hi,

Many thanks for the quick fix.

I have tested the tested documents with Aspose.Cells 19.1.3. I found out the issue with the text missing (indicated in the top part of my previous screenshot and test files test1, test2, test8, test9) does not happen any more, thanks very much for this.

However, I also noticed the other issue mentioned in this post (as indicated in the bottom part of my initial screenshot where text are overlapped) still exists in test files test3, test4, test5, test6, test7, test10, test11, test12, test13.

image.png (30.6 KB)

Since here one issue was resolved here while another wasn’t, it appears the overlapping was from a different cause. Could you please help me check the initial screenshot and test files I attached and see if that issue should be opened separately and get a fix?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

Thank you for the feedback. We have observed the issue and will provide our feedback soon after analyzing it again.

@ServerSide527,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.1.5 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.1.5 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.7 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.1.5 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.8 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46550) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.2. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi